Deadpool 3

Getting this one in really early...

...so that happened. September 2024 suddenly seems a really long way away.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Feige has said that the Deadpool movie will be a full-on R Deadpool - or as much as the creators want/need it to be.

Remember they also did Once Upon A Deadpool, so it's quite possible they will do a Disneyfied version as well for a laugh and airplane resales. I would also expect merciless mocking of Marvel and the Mouse. If the untried She-Hulk writers said that almost anything was fair game - except for their business end - Reynolds should be able to get away with A LOT.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Wasn't expecting to update this soon, but clearly People Have Questions.

So, Ryan (and Hugh) have answers - eg: is Logan / the character's death still canon? (yes, that's in the far future)... and some other stuff.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

7 minutes ago, biostem said:

Now I wonder if this will be a pre- or post-Logan Wolverine.  Maybe DP uses Cable's time device and pulls him out before his death or something?  It'd be cool to see X-23 hanging out with Negasonic and Yukio...

Alternate Logan?  Like the fact that Professor X in the last Doctor Strange movie was not the Fox version.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Alternate Logan?  Like the fact that Professor X in the last Doctor Strange movie was not the Fox version.

Then the question is whether Deadpool will be "the" one from the other movies and/or whether they'll move him to the MCU - perhaps some sort of dimensional shift, like they did with Eddie Brock at the end of Let there be Carnage...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 9 months later
7 hours ago, Techwright said:

Another mocking of an underwhelming property?

I think so, but maybe not that one. Reynolds & co were aware of the "multiverse" angle before Quantumania died and The Flash had star power trouble... and given recent events, may need a rewrite both to downplay Kang and mock those movies.

Spoiler

...so a strong rumour is that DP & Cable try to flash forward using the time McGuffin to rescue Logan just before he buys it in 2029.

Naturally, when you meddle with the primal forces of narrative causality, Things Go Horribly Wrong And Timey-Wimey Hijinks Ensue across every incarnation of the MCU.

And if the even better rumours are true, the sorta-antagonists are Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddlestone.

In reference to the above spoiler tagged comments, my own "Grumpy Old Man" thoughts:

For the love of all that is the universe, please, just fucking no. Logan was perfection and a fitting end to the character's story. They need to stop re-hashing the same characters over and over. Give Wolverine at least another decade or decade and a half of rest before bringing him back into another movie. Please. So bored with the same characters over and over.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:06 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Without spoilering too much... multiverse being what it is, I'm not sure they've got the right Logan.

logan.thumb.jpg.307bd70ffc119ced771d72b07c0234b2.jpg

Agree.  It should be a brown and yellow suit.  Well, at least it's not yellow spandex.  I wonder if the cowl will have white eyes like Deadpool's.