Things you enjoy that other people seem to not enjoy

Yomo Kimyata

On 10/2/2022 at 6:53 PM, Norl said:

I saw someone who announced on chat they were back for the first time since shutdown, and where the hell did the AE building go?  Where to go for AE?  Really?  No running around, just ding ding ding 50, then what?  Incarnate?  Probably not, but if so, then what?

I gotta totally disagree with this. As a person who get's PLd to 50 then IO set my toons. Once you are lvl 50, due to Ouro you can play any content at any level. The game is no longer required to be played in a linier fashion. 

And before anyone goes on about missing content, I've played every mish in the game on all three sides multiple times. I' m sure I'm not the only person who plays like this either. How you play is up to you. You folks who like the linier grind just have to let go because you no longer have to play that way in this game. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

We get that there's multiple ways to play the content.   Linear, pseudo-linear (by revisiting arcs missed on the first pass), or the PL and then backtrack method.  That's fine.

However, when someone doesn't know what to do when there's no PL method in the starting zone, that's a problem. 

This isn't a critique on the practice of farming or PL'ing as a general rule.  But it IS a critique on the players deciding that the linear game isn't worth playing, or the players doing so linearly aren't worth helping out.  And I think this may be why Posi was so pissed off when he discovered that AE went immediately to City of Farmers, because every player running arcs in AE repeatedly (doesn't matter where) is a player who is NOT visible in zone actively doing stuff.  

I don't know how Ouroboros works in that regard, it appears to put people in the appropriate zones but enforces some kind of exemplar on them, so that might be OK.  If they're phased off from non-Ouro players? Then they can't be interacted with, there's no sense of population, and people leave because the place seems empty. 

• Like 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I like reading the writing.

It's maybe me, because I'm baby and I never really played the game during live so like, im willing to bet most people i end up with have already read the crap i wanna read because they read it back in the cretacious perioid when this game first launched.

But Im new. Prior to homecoming, my only exposure was briefly making and playing a character on a friend's account after playing with their character for a bit, then going home, getting the game to work on my mom's computer (my computer at the time, but it was older than I was by the time i got it) and getting lost in the tutorial before just skipping it on a new toon, getting lost again, and got stuck during a zombie invasion, dying a bunch, until like, 4 heroes came around and fucking crushed the zombies. About 5 minutes later the event ended (one was even a PB! I thought they were like, a shapeshifter powerset, turns out no, nothing that sophisticated). They were very nice. There was a not-so-nice person who was really into DMX though, not sure if he was roleplaying or genuinely a fucking asshole, but he liked slurring at people so... ya know.

Anyhow, after that I made a villain, DIDNT get lost playing the tutorial and actually having a lot of fun, but a kinetics defender had hit me with a buff once I was in mercy (i had no idea what had happened at the time) and i ended up leaping across Mercy, landing in the destroyed slums where enemies were more than double my level, and I tried to hide from the mobs because i didnt wanna die, so I ended up logging out, because I thought I was using the 'help' chat, but, i was sending to 'local' instead, and i just thought I wasnt getting any answers because like, this character was a VILLAIN! Villains don't help other villains, obviously, right?

I was very young. The fact the game didnt have voice acting made me just think the game had no story and the mission text was just directions to the objective. Now that I'm older, I know that SOME videogames DONT have voice acting but DO have stories! And CoX has some REALLY nice writing.

I wanna like. I wanna make a really good Solo character (or, alternatively, beg the devs to let us run special versions of the strike/task forces with our level UNTOUCHED for no rewards, for those of us who just want to nab the badges for their completion OR for those who want the story bits), because while I've played a lot of Positrons, they go by FAST, and I've never read any of the NPC prompts. Which I wanna do, but i don't wanna waste anybody's time (imma slow reader).

I digress though. I really like the writing, I assume it's something people don't care much about anymore due to their exposure to it by now. But I'm still experiencing a lot of these stories for the first time, it's pretty quality stuff.

• Like 3

Resident certified baby

I'd swear I posted here but can't find it..

😈

On 9/28/2022 at 5:23 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm just curious as to some of the things that you like about this game but that others seem to dislike.

Not sure if others dislike them but I enjoy the mini-games inside the game.

Battle for Siren's Call being a favorite.

If the pinball machines, slot machines or gambling tables worked that would be amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum