Character Email items

Ukase

Sure - it's a great problem to have. Figuratively, tons of items in character email. 

It's no secret that something changed over this past year, where trying to collect items quickly, via mashing the "Claim item" button often resulted in a failed or delayed attempt. The solution was the "Please wait a moment" message. 

For most items, like the enhancements, or the lump of 25 reward merits, I'm okay with this solution. 

I currently have over 1000 of the enhancement unslotters on a few accounts. Pulling them out, one by one, is pretty much a tedious chore, and given how slowly the claiming has to be, it will take 1000's of seconds. 

Might I suggest we have an option to claim 10 at a time? 

It is true, I've no idea how problematic that would be, but if it's a simple fix, can we have it? Please? 
Additionally, if it's a simple fix, can we claim 10 converters at a time, too? 

Alternatively, is there some setting I can adjust to allow my system to tackle the process, rather than lay the burden on the HC server? 

Or, even better - what about a "Claim all" option? It would look similar to this: 
image.png.c239903fbd9eaff24272525942c7c891.png

For those unaware, this is from Rebirth, and they certainly do things differently there. And it's not my intention to do comparisons, merely to illustrate that from my limited perspective, the figurative wheel has already been invented. And since there's no rivalry going on to my knowledge, seems like an easy thing to port over - but I am ignorant of what is involved. It might very well cause Faultline to fully sink into the earth. 

Edited by Ukase
additional comment
  • Thumbs Up 2

Faultline would sink into the earth.  Also,  hellions will take over PI,  lvl 31 will be removed from every enemy group,  mercenaries would be overpowered and regen would get nerfed.  So we have to ask ourselves,  is a claim all button worth all this?

"And the beast shall come forth surrounded by a roiling cloud of vengeance. The house of the unbelievers shall be razed and they shall be scorched to the earth. Their tags shall blink until the end of days."

--- from the Book of Mozilla, 12:10

Edited by srmalloy

6 hours ago, TheZag said:

Faultline would sink into the earth.  Also,  hellions will take over PI,  lvl 31 will be removed from every enemy group,  mercenaries would be overpowered and regen would get nerfed.  So we have to ask ourselves,  is a claim all button worth all this?

If this is what it takes to nerf the eternally OP regeneration then so be it!!!!!!1!!1!

• Haha 1

I suspect that part of the problem is that SCORE and Homecoming dumbed things down enough that now we are possibly inadvertently  bumping up against constraints?

When Live instituted pay per packs and the Character Items menu, I doubt they considered that people could afford to buy 10k winter packs and open them.

no complaints here, but it’s like using an ATM from 1990.  

Who run Bartertown?