New Invul Tank

flakoff

Hi all, not looking for a build as always prefer my own.

But want opinions on what secondary you feel is better with it.

At the moment I'm between ice/fire/en.

Quite fancy Street Justice too actually.

Edited by flakoff

• Street Justice has a certain nice crunch to it's attacks, and works well enough.
  • I like energy melee a ton, nothing quite like glowing energy pom poms of death.
  • Ice melee is pretty good too as it's pretty proc friendly and you get extra mitigation knocking mobs on their asses and slowing them down.
  • Fire melee is the only one that is pretty meh (it's one of my least favorite secondaries as the animations are kinda dated, it doesn't have any other interesting power interactions/mechanics, and other sets get better mileage).

2 hours ago, flakoff said:

Is darkest night worth it even if you were resist capped?

Resist cap means you still take 10% of the total (that gets through your defenses) damage.  Any reduction in that is a plus.  Since DN reduces to hit *and* damage, I'd say yes, beneficial even for a tanker (and teammates). 

My favorite Inv tank uses Pyre Mastery.  Char gets the chance for +absorb proc (Entomb) and Melt Armor is a fantastic AOE debuff (-def and -res).  Diamagnetic (Core) is the Interface incarnate of choice, as well.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 2 weeks later

It's not common but I've always liked Inv/Stone on a tank.  You get quite a bit of soft control with knockdown and it feels like it hits like a truck.  The biggest drawback is that it's fairly end heavy but that's manageable with a decent build.  You have a great attention getter that knocks them on their butts with Fault along with Tremor to knock them down again and deal some decent damage.  A MAG 4 HOLD combined with a load of damage in Seismic Smash rounds out the set.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler