Put back the inner radius on Nukes and add it to Judgement

Wavicle

I think the one change in i24 that went too far was removing the inner radii from most Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor nukes.

I recommend adding that element back into those powers that lost it (and similar powers that have been added since then) and adding it to most Judgement abilities as well.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I think the one change in i24 that went too far was removing the inner radii from most Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor nukes.

I recommend adding that element back into those powers that lost it (and similar powers that have been added since then) and adding it to most Judgement abilities as well.

Interesting - does that mean that damage at the fringes will be less than directly in the centre for these powers?

Additionally, I imagine Ion Judgement would have its damage decay over each jump in that case?

Edited by Blackfeather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just looked at all the PBAoE nukes on CoD and I don't see anything to suggest the inner radius is removed. Not sure what you're referring to. For example, Blaster Nova below:

187.6845 points of Energy damage (all affected targets)

62.5615 points of Energy damage (all affected targets)

Mag +16.617 to Knockback (all affected targets)

if target>enttype eq 'critter'

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Uun said:

I just looked at all the PBAoE nukes on CoD and I don't see anything to suggest the inner radius is removed. Not sure what you're referring to. For example, Blaster Nova below:

187.6845 points of Energy damage (all affected targets)

62.5615 points of Energy damage (all affected targets)

Mag +16.617 to Knockback (all affected targets)

if target>enttype eq 'critter'

it used to be that blaster and support nukes had full damage near the center and less toward the edge. That was changed back in i24, right before the original game was shut down.

19 hours ago, Wavicle said:

it used to be that blaster and support nukes had full damage near the center and less toward the edge. That was changed back in i24, right before the original game was shut down.

This is what the I24 patch notes say:  "Blast Set Nuke powers are being adjusted. The endurance crash is being removed and recharge is being decreased. Damage is being normalized, average damage will go down a bit but the damage is now (mostly) a fixed amount rather than a number of "chance to damage" ticks." I can't find pre-I24 power data (Red Tomax was archived as of I24), but my recollection is that the "chance to damage" ticks had nothing to do with a mob's distance from the center of the AoE. Rather, each mob in the AoE that passed the tohit check had a 100% chance for x damage and a lower % chance for additional damage. I would not be in favor of returning to that construct (and I certainly would not support reverting the recharge or endurance crash).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller