A video that represents well the pitfalls of feature creep.

Sanguinesun

9 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I do NOT miss Mentor Tetris.  Auto-sidekicking to the star holder's level or the TF level was a godsend.

QFT

'You're getting too far away from your mentor!'

I still have flashbacks to that nonsense. Doomsaying is a long, storied tradition across CoH's various forums, but that right there? Keeping that absolutely would have killed interest in the game for so many players.

Edited by El D
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

1 hour ago, El D said:

QFT

I still have flashbacks to that nonsense. Doomsaying is a long, storied tradition across CoH's various forums, but that right there? Keeping that absolutely would have killed interest in the game for so many players.

LOL, yeah fun times.  I managed to pretty much insta-kill a sidekick once.  I got stuck on the terrain on a large outdoor map.  Used /stuck and it moved almost back to zone in and completely out of range of my sidekick who at that moment was in melee with several Redcaps including a couple bosses.  Predictable results followed.

• Haha 1

Ooooh, yeah. 

Bad memories there.

SO MANY bad memories.

(I play fliers. I also ran duo a lot with Mr. Coyote back-in-the-day. Who has Super Speeders, almost exclusively. You don't want to know how many times he'd just jet off while we were crossing a zone, leaving my lowbie in the dust. To get mangled by whatever happened to be close when he hit the leash range. Or killed by the snipers on the nearby roof-tops. Not fun times, that.  I do not miss it. <_<)

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice