A big Thank You post to all who contribute to Homecoming

Veracor

I would just like to leave some words of appreciation for the people doing hard work around here.  Developers, Homecoming Team, Game Masters, Constructive Posters and Thoughtful Lurkers: thank you for staying professional through all the ups and downs.

I don't agree with every change being made and I don't agree with every change that has been made.  But what I do like to see is complexity being added into an otherwise barebones system: Homecoming has consistently taken the more inventive path of making content and powersets unique from one another, often utilizing new features to achieve balance.  These changes aren't being made "just cause" nor are they the first ideas tried: a more diverse character becomes more effective for different reasons, and a more diverse team allows more freedom in the game.  The CoH specialty of "bring your own build" steps up a level with every patch, and the player having agency in choosing what to play, especially solo, is a real mainstay of CoH compared to other games.  And coming from games where such player agency often does not exist, I appreciate this.

But over the years, I also want to say that I have grown a healthy respect for the community of Homecoming for upholding civility through it all.  It is easy for someone to look at Homecoming as groups and talk as though each group has singular minds doing and agreeing with everything.  They're not.  There is a person behind each account, each handling their own life/work/game balance.  Doesn't matter if they're a developer working on content or an invisible hand making sure the servers stay running, or if they're a forum poster making well-thought suggestions or a GM that combs through such suggestions.  They have all chosen to contribute to this project despite the reward merely being more work, and they have done so with a stellar track record compared to most.

An online community is a chance to be open and to improve, and attacking others does not befit the learning mind.  I haven't seen any changes from Homecoming that have been done in bad faith; everything that's happened so far has had some sort of reason behind it that was intended to help, even if that reason was misunderstood.  Give others the benefit of the doubt, then address the points of contention before coming to a conclusion on one another.  Everyone is a someone.

So again, mad appreciation to everyone that works on this project of passion and additionally to all of the helpers of the community that make effort to be concise and rational with their posts here and on the discord.  Be you for/against changes, even if you're someone that doesn't post frequently, it is often the focused and well-sourced response that makes the difference in a decision, not the volume or size of the thread.

Thank you, and I look forward to playing with you all ingame!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 14

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

They know what they did!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I thought I posted my agreement with this sentiment last night, but I guess I must have forgot!

I may not of liked every addition brought in a page, but I do enjoy the people behind the additions. They're at least TRYING something, ya know? In any case, lookin forward to some new toons on Page 5.

• Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|