Focused Feedback: Holstered Weapon System

• Developer

Holstered Weapon System

Holstered Custom Weapons (Arachnos/Assault/Munition/Mercenary Mastermind Rifles)

• Characters with Arachnos, Assault, Munitions, or Mercenary Mastermind custom rifles now have access to the option to display their character's rifle model on their costume. This is controlled via a toggle button next to the weapon just like Sheathed Custom Weapons.
  • The remaining ranged weapon sets will be added to the Holstered Weapon system in a future update.

Custom Weapon Adjustments & Fixes

• Arachnos Rifles renamed from "A", "B", "C" to "Rifle", "SMG", and "Shotgun" to better describe what they look like.
  • Fixed issue where Mercenary Mastermind Rifles were missed for the firing point desync fixes.
  • Like 1

This is such an exciting and welcome addition, thanks for adding this ! Just flagging that the "retro rifle" seems to float above the character whereas all of the other versions i tried looked perfectly flush. Just flagging since iirc this was an issue that was fixed with the melee weapons in the previous patch. Screenshot attached for reference and I tested this on both Blaster and Mastermind archetypes both with and without a "backpack" costume piece added.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 01.09.06.png

• Thumbs Up 1

@Dreamkeeper 

Former Triumph Veteran // Current Everlasting Player

Mains:

Silver Solder // Ceralt

The ranged weapons and melee weapons for VEATs go over the same shoulder so basically sit in the same place.

unknown.pngunknown.png

Though it might also be a uniquely problematic VEAT combination and may not be easily fixed. Was looking good for Sentinel with AR/ninja epic.

Specific feedback:

Jumped on my Mercs Mastermind and there is something broken with the muzzle flash.  I tried to do screen caps for like a half hour to try and get one but no success.  I tried this with multiple different rifles, all the same result.  Muzzle flash from the side looks like its coming from the crook of the elbow.  But the most glaring is when looking head on at the character who is pointing their weapon at you.  When the weapons fire animates, the muzzle flash is what would equate to like 2 feet to the left (the characters right).  Again, it didn't matter what weapon or what animation; Burst, Slug or M30 it was all the same.  I will copy over my Huntress (Arachnos Soldier) today to check that out.

I am seeing that comment about firing point desync fixes and this testing was done after the very latest patch (Like I tested around 11 PM EST) so either that caused it or it didnt fix it, or dev magic 🙂

Edited by High_Beam

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

That said, I really love this and look forward to more with the promise of holstered pistols.  Separately, and this is more of a wish statement, I would love to see a lateral rifle cradle on the back, it wouldn't really require any alteration to the draw animation (mostly) as it just sits on the back parallel to the shoulder blades.  There was one in Champions Online and it was really cool looking.

Edited by High_Beam
  • Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• Developer
5 hours ago, High_Beam said:

I am seeing that comment about firing point desync fixes and this testing was done after the very latest patch (Like I tested around 11 PM EST) so either that caused it or it didnt fix it, or dev magic 🙂

Trying to reproduce this, but am not seeing it to on a new Mercenary Mastermind on Brainstorm; Can you provide more details?
Was this a transfer character? What body type? What powersets did they have?

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

This was a transferred character from Excelsior (Munitions Mistress) Level 43.  Female Body Type, Average sliders, eye patch.  She has Burst, Slug and M30 Grenade.  Use the Mercenary rifle without silencer but tested it with every gun once I saw it.  Now this was in iCon because I was doing the costume change and when it went to the next page where it shows the animation, that's where you see it.  Conversely I actually never committed the change (because it drove me crazy) so I will have to go home and do so to see if it remains after I leave.

• Developer
1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

This was a transferred character from Excelsior (Munitions Mistress) Level 43.  Female Body Type, Average sliders, eye patch.  She has Burst, Slug and M30 Grenade.  Use the Mercenary rifle without silencer but tested it with every gun once I saw it.  Now this was in iCon because I was doing the costume change and when it went to the next page where it shows the animation, that's where you see it.  Conversely I actually never committed the change (because it drove me crazy) so I will have to go home and do so to see if it remains after I leave.

Ah okay, yes, the power previewer doesn't handle the weapons right so that's not unexpected; If you can confirm in the zone when using a power on a target, everything should work properly.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

2 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Ah okay, yes, the power previewer doesn't handle the weapons right so that's not unexpected; If you can confirm in the zone when using a power on a target, everything should work properly.

Interesting since I have never seen this before.  but I will be home in a few hours and commit the change then step out of iCon to test.  I suppose I should have posted this in Bugs not here.  Will advise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay just fired it up and executed the changes then left iCon. Sure as Rikti Monkies have gas the muzzle flash was good to go.  Note - When I jumped on Excelsior and went into iCon the tailor had put the default Frankengun in my weapon slot (16,000 influence red) but the muzzle flash animation was actually correct.  Then when I switched to the Merc gun it was off like on Test (as you noted), then when I went back tot he Frankengun it was also off.  Something to maybe put on a list of eventual look-see's.  But the "real world" out of iCon render is good.  Thanks.  Back to testing.

Okay I just got done with the Hunstwoman  Same ultimate end result as the Merc, broke in iCon but fine on the outside.  But I was ale to get the screen shots working and I am gonna post them for information.  This is to not pick a fight, or question anything but rather provide you all some additional information to work with.  So as I said previously, I go into iCon and in the case of the Merc they have swapped the Merc gun for the frankengun (with the red fee and all) and the muzzle flash in iCon was actually good.  The Spider still correctly had her gun and it was good.  I did not choose the back holster change just went to the animation and watched the muzzle flashes render fine. (01 MERC and 03 ARAC)

image.png.ad971b734e90a56ff78627a99f2c946d.pngimage.png.0775f5b9f6c678438f9c8e7f7dd77769.png

Then I go and make the changes to the Merc from Frankengun to regular weapon (still not doing holstered) and now it gets render broken.  With the Arachnos I do the holstered and it gets broken.

image.png.a0884ff067a78e7bf4ebad52bd225c2d.pngimage.png.9ee5330745868775c1ee411bc513035c.png

Again, I understand that this is in iCon so in the scope of the patch and everything as long as its cool outside (which it is) then its more of an aesthetic quibble, but there is something to the issue being weapon customization unrelated to the holstered weapons.  Hope this helps.

• Widower unpinned and locked this topic