Reject Invention salvage option at P2W vendor

-Kobi-

Heya !

Just an idea, would it be possible to be able to reject  common salvages or  rare ones as it is already possible to do with inspirations or  recipes ?

I use to sell oranges one to the AH, but  i don't really need the others

Thx guys !

Edited by Kobiboom
  • Thumbs Up 6

• -Kobi- changed the title to Reject Invention salvage option at P2W vendor

Well, if this is going to be a thing may as well create badges for it too.

Edited by Arc-Mage
  • Thumbs Up 2

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• 4 months later

Please this, the amount of common salvage drops that make nothing on the market are such a pain.
A few options I think would be good

• Reject common salvage entirely
  • When right clicking salvage stack to delete, make option to "delete all *rarity* salvage" 
  • or, probably most complex, is to select multiple items in the salvage inventory to trade/delete. 
  • Like 1

I feel like the reason they don't do this is because it would ruin the common and uncommon salvage economy, the price would constantly reach the cap of dev posted salvage

what would happen is people farm get a lot purples and want to craft them all at once their salvage would be filled with just rare salvage so they need to fill in the missing common/uncommon salvage and use the AH since a lot people need to buy common and uncommon salvage now and few people aren't rejecting them there would be almost no natural supply of non dev listed salvage

the devs want to feel like the AH is interaction between the players and not just the players buying salvage listed by them so that is why they avoid this. if it did reach this point and you are just buying dev listed salvage off the AH they devs may as well just create a vendor that sells salvage it would end up being the same thing.

Edit: Another reason I feel its this way is they want to make afk farming less profitable and force farmers interact with the game more and manage their salvage when it reaches the cap if it you could reject common and uncommon salvage the need to do this would drastically drop.

Edited by Mystoc

1 minute ago, Mystoc said:

I feel like the reason they don't do this is because it would ruin the common and uncommon salvage economy, the price would constantly reach the cap of dev posted salvage

I doubt everyone would do this, and even if they did, the seeded common salvage cap isn't that high.

2 minutes ago, Mystoc said:

what would happen is people farm get a lot purples and want to craft them all at once their salvage would be filled with just rare salvage so they need to fill in the missing salvage and use AH since a lot people need buy common and uncommon salvage now and few people aren't rejecting them there would be almost no natural supply of non dev listed salvage

Or they could use the AE option to buy common salvage - it's random, but it only costs 8 tickets a go, and you can even select the level range you want.

3 minutes ago, Mystoc said:

the devs want to feel like the AH is interaction between the players and not just the players buying salvage listed by them so that is why they avoid this.

I think it's more that they seeded the salvage to avoid player exploitation.

3 minutes ago, Mystoc said:

if it did reach this point and you are just buying dev listed salvage off the AH they devs may as well just create a vendor that sells salvage it would end up being the same thing.

Not necessarily - see the above option to buy common salvage from the AE vendor.

19 minutes ago, biostem said:

I doubt everyone would do this, and even if they did, the seeded common salvage cap isn't that high.

Or they could use the AE option to buy common salvage - it's random, but it only costs 8 tickets a go, and you can even select the level range you want.

I think it's more that they seeded the salvage to avoid player exploitation.

Not necessarily - see the above option to buy common salvage from the AE vendor.

common recipes can be created with just influence if you have the correct badge and every other recipe can be gotten with merits so them be able to rejected doesn't hurt anything with inspiration I think they allow rejecting them because vendors just sell the small inspiration anywhere you go so their isn't an AH market for them and the ones that are sellable like super team inspiration have to be enabled and are off by default

no one is gonna enable ticket drops when that disables recipe drops so random common/uncommon salvage is not realistic also who wants to play with rng for just common and uncommon salvage. people would instead just buy the dev listed salvage if their was no player driven supply

salvage though only has one source enemy drops or AH and if you can reject drops then a lot of those drops now don't end up the AH, i agree it would make the game less micro management and annoying if they could be rejected but i really think that's the reason devs don't let salvage be rejected

I edited my post you replied to - I think the main reason they have not enabled rejecting salvage is to make afk farming less profitable and force players to interact with their game to remove salvage when it builds up even though it would be annoying micromanagement.

Edited by Mystoc

@Zeraphia (me) hosted a huge thread about this about a year or so ago. 

Everyone and their mother cried bloody murder over "how horrible the economy would be" and would lead to "devastating white salvage inflation!" and thus cause catastrophic damage to the marketplace outside of even salvage. Some of the replies even borderline a bit on delirium. 

I personally STILL support this option even to this day and think it should be a sooner rather than later feature. Heaven's sake the market is ALREADY seeded. There is already in place a reasonable cap that salvage can and will sell for. 

Edited by 333053222

3 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Honestly I don't care one way or the other, but how difficult is it to sell off excess salvage and recipes when you're selling enhancement drops?

It may be more a matter of limited storage space and being unable to access the AH or a vendor while in an instanced mission, vs  any difficulty in selling the pieces...

Edited by biostem