Pet Upgrades

Meknomancer

Not sure where to post this. Are all the mastermind pet sets being looked at for the tier 1+2 upgrades. Or is it just necro/nin/mercs that will be able to slot def/res sets in them? I feel like they should all have that ability along with the option to slot pet sets/recharge intensive pet sets/heal sets in those powers too. I see a lot of builds on forums currently using hell on earth/gang war/soul extraction simply as mules for the 6 unique pieces. Being able to slot those in equip and upgrade pets would give a lot more options to all mastermind sets instantly instead of struggling to find places for them in the tier 1+2+3 pets which are going to need more acc/dmg/end red (especially end red) for harder content.

23 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

Not sure where to post this. Are all the mastermind pet sets being looked at for the tier 1+2 upgrades. Or is it just necro/nin/mercs that will be able to slot def/res sets in them? I feel like they should all have that ability along with the option to slot pet sets/recharge intensive pet sets/heal sets in those powers too. I see a lot of builds on forums currently using hell on earth/gang war/soul extraction simply as mules for the 6 unique pieces. Being able to slot those in equip and upgrade pets would give a lot more options to all mastermind sets instantly instead of struggling to find places for them in the tier 1+2+3 pets which are going to need more acc/dmg/end red (especially end red) for harder content.

I kinda mule the t1 zombies to have the 4 of the Call to Arms set then Edict of the Master and Sovereign Right procs. Since I want overall CD to be high I just put Expedient Reinforcement set in Soul Extraction. It works for me, when I update Mids to be work off the beta changes I'll post my Necro setup.

I also currently slot soul extract with bits and pieces of acc/dmg/rech sets but the new version being tested on beta is a 1 click summon spectres which i assume people will want to slot with as much recharge as possible and then some acc/dmg. My point was that if the tier 1 and 2 pet upgrades took pet/rech intensive pet sets then those pet sets like nin/merc/bots would then have somewhere to slot them that thugs/demons/necro already have access too allowing the pets themselves to be better slotted. Right now most builds try to fit in all 6 uniques but that means heavy sacrifices. If you look at tier 2 bots on builds you'll see them ending up as the mule pet with all 6 thrown in. 0 acc/dmg/end red. Not all builds obviously but the fact that some players slot this way is because there's really nowhere else to slot those pieces. If the tier 1+2 pet upgrades are being looked at as somewhere to bump def+resists why not go all the way and use them for pet/rech pet/heal sets too. This would allow a far greater flexibility in builds that don't have gang war/hell on earth/soul extraction while not simply bumping 3-4 pet sets and giving the other 2 nothing extra. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
On 10/14/2022 at 4:34 AM, Meknomancer said:

Are all the mastermind pet sets being looked at for the tier 1+2 upgrades. Or is it just necro/nin/mercs that will be able to slot def/res sets in them?

For Page 5, only necro/ninjas/mercs/robots are getting this change. The other mastermind sets will be looked at in the future, possibly in the next page. As of right now, the plan is for those other sets to get the same change.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later
On 10/16/2022 at 9:44 AM, Booper said:

For Page 5, only necro/ninjas/mercs/robots are getting this change. The other mastermind sets will be looked at in the future, possibly in the next page. As of right now, the plan is for those other sets to get the same change.

An elegant solution, and much appreciated...ty!

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

• 4 months later

I can't wait for some Beast Mastery changes. As of right now, they got it pretty bad, both offensive and defensive-wise plus the fact they are the only Mastermind pets without any kind of ranged or area attacks (except for the Dire Wolf) plus the terrible damage type. While this makes them a bit more predictable than most other pets, they still tend to dash away and aggro the next two or three groups before finally keeling over at your feet when you call them back.

• Thumbs Up 1