Best Villain ToT Location!

Glacier Peak

Grandville, Loc: [4393.4 -462.9 1367.3]

19 clickable doors!!! 

(17 in screenshot, two more outside of frame).

1570719228_GrandvilleToTSpot.thumb.jpg.d75744a7b242248e98e6fbbfbf70cf2e.jpg

Anyone else have any good spots? Or blue or goldside??

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I usually just Trick-or-Treat in the villain side of Kallisti Wharf.  Nobody there to bother me and plenty of doors to bounce around to.  No enemies, no snipers, no monsters.  Just an occasional zombie horde is all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The number of doors to click is not always the best situation for a location.  Look at the motel in PI hero side.  Its got 14 doors, right next to the hospital for face plants and very short distance to leveling up and vendors as needed as well.  Last night there were 3 PI maps running leagues there.

However, like your cited location, doors are rather spread out.  When PI hits cap of players on its map, all of whom are hitting those 14 doors, it not only spreads out the leagues efforts a bit too much in my opinion.

So while the conveniences of a hospital and leveling a little more distant, Warf's spot 8 doors on one segment of a building tend to keep eveyone together and mobs aggro'd more centrally between 1 main and 2 side choke points and since its not as popular as the PI lagfest, the league team membership tends to be not competing with secondary leagues and smidge smaller for better exp per kill distribution.

So a 19 door location isnt necessarily going to be more efficient/better and in conjunction with the mechanics for getting tot spawns too.

42 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I usually just Trick-or-Treat in the villain side of Kallisti Wharf.  Nobody there to bother me and plenty of doors to bounce around to.  No enemies, no snipers, no monsters.  Just an occasional zombie horde is all.

Yes hero side khalisti warf is what I consider the best area and when the zombie event starts its pretty easy to mop up both in the same spot without issue either.    The banners event's a bit more stretched out compared to PI imo but its still pretty doable.

Eochai and Jack spawns are also much much easier in the Warf compared to PI due to some spawning on the GM island areas.

4 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

However, like your cited location, doors are rather spread out.  When PI hits cap of players on its map, all of whom are hitting those 14 doors, it not only spreads out the leagues efforts a bit too much in my opinion.

I find that the big black Arachnos wall there ends up making this location a lot like a long hallway to fight in - great for condensing packs of foes, creating chokepoints with AoEs and so on.  No worse than being on one side of the PI motel lot vs. the other.

I'm not on a computer with the game right now, but back on Live when I was nothing but Redside there was a line of brownstone doors in one neighborhood, I think it was Sharkhead?  Where you had like six or eight doors facing each other across a fairly narrow street.  That worked out really well as I recall.

• Thanks 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I thought doors right next to each other were considered as the same door by the game. Has this changed?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

15 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

I thought doors right next to each other were considered as the same door by the game. Has this changed?

Depends on the door, but a lot of the "four doors in a row" arrangements on the sides of warehouses count as four separate doors.  Some sets of double doors do only count as one however.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Cool.

In IP, where some warehouses were packed in like sardines, I used to entertain my self by telling teammates, "Meet you inside!"

Then running to the door across the narrow alley from the entrance and disappearing inside.

Wonder if it still works?

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)