World of Confusion

Arnabas

So, I would humbly suggest that World of Confusion needs a review...

A Mag 2 Confuse that last 1.5 seconds? As near as I can tell, it's primary purpose is to drain End but not affect enemies.

I have a character with a Slow power which as a side effect may cause confusion and that Slow power is much more effective at causing confusion than this Confuse power. 

I can't help but feel that something was overlooked, or that some kind of error was made during development. 

Right now it's only slightly more useful than the snowball temp power.

Are you comparing Arctic Air, a primary power to WoC, an ancillary power?

WoC can be useful but really needs you to stay in melee for the confuse to stick and is best when your set has another confuse power in it to stack.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Even world of confusion in the blaster secondary is just as effective as the ancillary one.  World of confusion is available to blasters at lvl 4 so when people get it as an ancillary power in their late 30's or 40's,  they are expecting better performance than what a lvl 4 power would provide.

I have noticed world of confusion often doesnt last 1.5 seconds,  even on blue minions.  They get the purple bubbles,  turn to face another enemy,  confuse wears off and they attack me with their next attack.  It doesnt even mitigate a single attack in many cases when the confuse actually hits.

Thats where we run into a problem though.  A dominator or controller can stack quite a bit of chances for confuse into that power and increasing the duration or confuse chance would give them a decent chance of having confuse stick on an elite boss.

Ive posted the numbers once before in another world of confusion topic so here it is again for reference: 

on dominators and controllers with the full coercive persuasion set and cognitive core interface - mag 1 (2.1 sec),  mag 2 (3.1 sec), mag 2 (4.3 sec), mag 3 (25 sec)

best case scenario for all to hit the same target,  sure its rare but this is from a single power

a chance for 2.1 seconds of 8 mag confuse,  this will confuse bosses and possibly elite bosses (sorry i dont have EB resists readily available)

chance for 7 mag confuse for 3.1 seconds,  will also confuse bosses

chance of 5 mag confuse for 4.3 seconds,  will confuse lieutenants

chance of 3 mag confuse for 25 seconds,  will confuse lieutenants

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Are you comparing Arctic Air, a primary power to WoC, an ancillary power?

WoC can be useful but really needs you to stay in melee for the confuse to stick and is best when your set has another confuse power in it to stack.

I didn't even know it was available as an ancillary. I was comparing a primary with two effects to a secondary with one effect.

Edited by Arnabas

Okay so there you go. I guess in the right situation it can be useful. It's just that for me, as someone who has not encountered or used the power before, it seemed kind of useless. And it still seems kind of odd that I can get it at level four or so, but have to wait until Level 50 plus for it to be good.

Edited by Arnabas

1 hour ago, Arnabas said:

Okay so there you go. I guess in the right situation it can be useful. It's just that for me, as someone who has not encountered or used the power before, it seemed kind of useless. And it still seems kind of odd that I can get it at level four or so, but have to wait until Level 50 plus for it to be good good.

Oh,  it still wont be good at 50.  Just that if it got buffed then it might become way too good.  It probably needs something like 2 seconds duration that ignores level differences and is unresistable so it doesnt stick a confuse and have it immediately drop without even mitigating a single attack.  But that is still a buff and would need testing to see if its overpowered.  And would still need to convince the devs.

45 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Oh,  it still wont be good at 50.  Just that if it got buffed then it might become way too good.  It probably needs something like 2 seconds duration that ignores level differences and is unresistable so it doesnt stick a confuse and have it immediately drop without even mitigating a single attack.  But that is still a buff and would need testing to see if its overpowered.  And would still need to convince the devs.

Well I never used it but I'm about to because it was available from the epic pools so I'm going to try and figure it out.

Nice to know it's just another power that doesn't really help at all.

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

I'll probably respec out of it soon. It's too bad because conceptually, it seemed a cool power for the character. I don't need it to be a great power, but it would be nice if it did more than drain End with no effect.

It does technically do damage, which feeds into Defiance (on a Blaster).

I'm a bit of a World of Confusion stan, but I'll be the first to admit it's pretty badly kneecapped. If I had to ask for any change, the first would be to increase the radius to 10, because 8 is frankly way too close to apply either the low damage or weak confuse. You're at best affecting perhaps 2 or 3 mobs. Usually just the 1 you're cozied up to.

As for whether or not it's worth the take, I'd say it depends. Do you want a damage aura? You're diving into melee to gain Drain Psyche stacks anyway, so you might as well. And when you are at max level, Contagious Confusion offers great set bonuses. 

Speaking of which, in those seemingly rare times that Contagious Confusion does proc? It's really noticeable and effective.

On 10/17/2022 at 12:07 PM, Arnabas said:

So, I would humbly suggest that World of Confusion needs a review...

A Mag 2 Confuse that last 1.5 seconds? As near as I can tell, it's primary purpose is to drain End but not affect enemies.

I have a character with a Slow power which as a side effect may cause confusion and that Slow power is much more effective at causing confusion than this Confuse power. 

I can't help but feel that something was overlooked, or that some kind of error was made during development. 

Right now it's only slightly more useful than the snowball temp power.

This is all true, but it mainly just needs it's proc rate reduced to at the very least 2s if not 1, and yes especially per it's animation it should be at least 10ft not 8 for it's radius. But again, proccing every FOUR seconds is horrid and needs fixed.