Zoning into base trapped in TARDIS

zapdevil

We have a police box/TARDIS base item on top of our portal. When zoning in (from a base portal, or using the Base TP power), I am getting trapped in the box. This is regardless of camera position, character, hovering or on the ground. "/stuck" only shifts me around inside the box, I can't jump out.

2 hours ago, zapdevil said:

We have a police box/TARDIS base item on top of our portal. When zoning in (from a base portal, or using the Base TP power), I am getting trapped in the box. This is regardless of camera position, character, hovering or on the ground. "/stuck" only shifts me around inside the box, I can't jump out.

Yea, that's going to screw up some bases.

For those with editing permissions, using the "/editbase 1" and then removing or moving the tardis out of the field fixes it for now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zapdevil said:

are you able to see outside of the box?

If you have teleport, you might be able to teleport out and then go into the base editor and move the blue police-call box off of the entry portal so that you don't zone in inside of it.

At least I'm assuming your TARDIS is broken and stuck looking like blue police-call box. They are so much easier to work with when they blend in with the environment the way that they are supposed to.

@Dacy do you have any other ideas to help them out?

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Don't forget that logging your character out of the game will get you out of any place you get trapped in a base.

And if for some reason you need a back-door way to enter your base: Try self-destructing and choose to go to your base rez machine instead of the hospital.

Hope you get your TARDIS fixed soon!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

6 hours ago, zapdevil said:

Teleporting out did not work, but removing the TARDIS did. Thanks!

So I'm assuming you were able to get into the base editor while trapped in your TARDIS, and fixed is in that manner.

Is that correct?

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

So I'm assuming you were able to get into the base editor while trapped in your TARDIS, and fixed is in that manner.

Is that correct?

/editbase 1 works well for that

You can also swap to another base by using the passcode

46 minutes ago, lemming said:

/editbase 1 works well for that

Well, what I asking about was actually if they had option to the base editing menu window while stuck in the TARDIS versus being able to use a macro to get to the base editor.

11 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Well, what I asking about was actually if they had option to the base editing menu window while stuck in the TARDIS versus being able to use a macro to get to the base editor.

Yes, zap has edit access to that particular base.  Can't remember if his base moved the portal to not have the menu popup for anyone with edit privilege

16 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Hope you get your TARDIS fixed soon!

Technically the way the TARDIS works on the show is in large part due to the fact that it is broken.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

58 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Technically the way the TARDIS works on the show is in large part due to the fact that it is broken.

Well, actually, the Doctor's broken TARDIS  is only a TARDIS. There are other ones in the series. I don't think any of the other ones are broken so that they can't chameleon shape-shift to blend in with the surrounding area.

10 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Well, actually, the Doctor's broken TARDIS  is only a TARDIS. There are other ones in the series. I don't think any of the other ones are broken so that they can't chameleon shape-shift to blend in with the surrounding area.

True, ergo the grindy sound.  And now, in order to fully derail this thread:  Christopher Eccleston was the best of the modern Doctors.

• Confused 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

15 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Is that correct?

"/editbase 1" did indeed work from inside the TARDIS. I assume it launches the base editor from wherever you are in the base including if you happen to be stuck in a police box 🙂

• Like 1

• Lead Game Master

I think the issue is that, pre-patch, you would automatically run out of the portal, which you still do when entering a zone from the portal. But now, characters no longer run out of the portal when entering an SG base. So if you have objects in your portal, you're gonna get stuck in there.

Unsure if this is intended or not. @CR Americas Angel, @Dacy, what are your thoughts?

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

• Retired Community Rep

I'm thinking the patch has done this.  I'm guessing the TARDIS could just be raised, that its item box is intersecting the player item box, and some item boxes are stickier than others (that's just my experience, not a set in stone programming code note). I had a working portal that's hidden inside of things, but I used hidden markers to make sure the interactive surface still showed. It worked great until the patch; the tweak they made for PvP (because the portal and the interdimensional shard and I think the Vanguard portal were hijacking the rez rings) has changed this so now, your portal needs to be free of anything that has collision, at least clear enough so that a player's hit box is unaffected. Place and test to be sure.

-Dacy

• Thumbs Up 2

Yea, I just went thru all the bases I have edit ability on.   Ones with more solid objects, you get stuck in.

The one base I used a teleport bay (?  not sure of name since I closed HC before checking forum...)  with openings worked fine since you can run thru it.