ToT Issues with getting credit for monster kills

Zilljah

I'll join a Trick or Treat league on Peregrine Island at the hotel. I'm in the League list, in a Team but if I go to the Team member list I get the "You are no longer looking for a team" message. I'm getting some XP and Inf, but no credit for monster kills so I'm not getting the badges. Try logging out and back in, still problems. And it's happened with different characters

44 minutes ago, Zilljah said:

I'll join a Trick or Treat league on Peregrine Island at the hotel. I'm in the League list, in a Team but if I go to the Team member list I get the "You are no longer looking for a team" message. I'm getting some XP and Inf, but no credit for monster kills so I'm not getting the badges. Try logging out and back in, still problems. And it's happened with different characters

Watch what happens once you train up to level 25...

8 hours ago, biostem said:

Watch what happens once you train up to level 25...

It's kind of secksi when it happens too.  All of that Aether in one fell swoop makes ya tingly for a few seconds.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

They’ve been level 50s. I went back last night with the same character and-it worked. Got badges and everything.

Did have a weird theory. I’d gone ToT individually before hitting the team, and the other time this happened, I’d done the same. Maybe this causes an issue when yo join a league?

And now you people have me curious enough to level a character to 25 to see what happens!

• Like 1

I've been cycling thru characters, mostly 50s and the time spent to get the Prismatic badges have been wildly different.  Anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.

The longer times seem to be when there's some AFK MMs hanging out, but it really depends on what your team is doing to contribute.

Fastest times seem to be my AOE blasters, followed by AOE melee, last place with my least DPS chars.    Though the numbers change if my team has a DPS type blasting everything.

Only six more to go!

OP is describing the infamous "league bug".  It's great that you noticed that it happened, I wonder how often it does and people don't notice.  When ToT started it happened to me about 3/4 of the time, more recently less.  I have a feeling (and it's a feeling not anything empirically driven) it has something to do with how the league leader invites.

Anyway, when you notice that, send a tell to the league leader and ask them to move you to any other team and say something about having the league bug.  If the league is full, tell them you're going to drop and to reinvite you.  Drop ASAP so the leader can do this right away.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

OP is describing the infamous "league bug". 

Never heard of this before, can you sum it up for fools like me?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Never heard of this before, can you sum it up for fools like me?

Here's the bug report writeup from over THREE years ago.  I take it fixing this isn't a priority.

Here's my bottom line - when you join a league, check your team window ASAP.  If you're on a team, you're good to go.  If you're not but the league list shows you as being on a team, you're affected by this bug.  Ask the league leader to move you and let them know what team it LOOKS like you're on.  If this happens to me any time soon, I'll edit this post with screen shots.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hedgefund2 said:

Here's the bug report writeup from over THREE years ago.  I take it fixing this isn't a priority.

It kind of was fixed for Rikti mothership raids by adding instanced mothership raids a couple of months later.  It’s not the developers’ fault that some raid leaders insist on still running the zone mothership raid for whatever reason.  It also doesn’t directly impact Hamidon raids since you just need to hit Hamidon to get rewards.

That mainly leaves Trick or Treat leagues, which is one of main reasons why I suggested: