SuperSpeed stealth nerf

I checked the HCwiki. I checked CoD. There are no notes stating that Stalkers' Hide defeats Snipers Perception, or Watcher Perception, or any other Perception. And the HCwiki is a direct copy of the paragonwiki. Likewise, CoD has no listing for things that ignore stealth, like the Watchers, having anything that lets them ignore stealth. I don't know why you have no problems stealthing past snipers and I don't, but I do know both paragonwiki and homecomingwiki state that snipers easily see through stealth.

The missing factor here is that maximum Stealth Radius scales by level. For instance I took my main (also a stalker) and exemplared him down to 7 (lowest I could get in Ouro) and despite having Hide at 150ft, my stealth was capped to 88.13ft. That is easily short enough for a sniper to see me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

• 4 weeks later
On 11/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, Burk said:

The missing factor here is that maximum Stealth Radius scales by level. For instance I took my main (also a stalker) and exemplared him down to 7 (lowest I could get in Ouro) and despite having Hide at 150ft, my stealth was capped to 88.13ft. That is easily short enough for a sniper to see me.

This ^ 

Would be the other factor unaccounted for mentioned in my posts.  If I recall correctly at least for Illusion Control's Superior Invisibility it doesn't get to full effect (200ft) until 32nd level.  I suspect if tested you'd find a similar effect at work with Hide.  This is one place where the in game numbers displayed when mousing over a power and adjusting the level slider is more accurate than either the wiki or CoD.  There probably needs to be a wiki and CoD entry that indicates this somewhere in the information (after confirmation, of course).

EDIT: Found the info in the HCWiki, but while there's nothing directly in the article on Stealth and Perception it provides a link to the Limits article which spells it out.   And yes the cap scales by level starting at 49.5 at first rising to 300ft at 50th.

PS:  I've always wondered why Superior Invisibility is better than a Stalkers Hide and the Limits article helps explain that as well.  Controllers and most other ATs cap at 200ft so stacking more stealth on the Controller doesn't do much if anything (counter acts debuffs maybe?) but you could stack more on on a Stalker though I'm not sure where in game you'd gain a benefit unless it's Hard Mode where their perception is boosted and they're using "Tactics".  The question for me is does their version of Tactics buff their perception and if so how much.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Typos and clarity, further info