MasterMind Whip attacks and Necro new attacks - interesting combo

plainguy

Just saying Whips and the New Necro attacks would be make an interesting combination.. 

7 minutes ago, biostem said:

Do you mean mixing the whip attacks with dark blasts into a set, or allowing the whip attacks to summon temporary minions?

You know I didn't even think of the whips attacks doing that, but that sounds like a great idea.. Maybe spawn those hell on earth minions. 

I was more interested in a power set with these 2 combinations.  
I wouldn't even mind having whips as a power pool. 

I am telling you the Necro minions the attacks spawn are very helpful. 
I am using soul mastery and clean combination. 

22 minutes ago, plainguy said:

I am telling you the Necro minions the attacks spawn are very helpful. 

I rolled up a new necro/elec MM to try them, and they are very nice.  I can even bounce the elec buffs off of them, (though they themselves don't benefit from the buffs).

I was more interested in a power set with these 2 combinations.

I don't know if I'd pair dark blast with the whips.  I was kind of thinking combining the psi melee energy blades with the whip attacks for some range would be really cool.

I wouldn't even mind having whips as a power pool.

If we consider a power pool as having 5 powers, then you basically only need to come up with 1 other power, since you have 4 whip animations to work with, (corruption, lash, crack whip, and hell on earth).  You could easily come up with some sort of toggle power - like a fire/negative energy/toxic armor toggle, which would be thematic, (give it tough's values)...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

I wouldn't count Hell on Earth since it is still a summoning attack. Not for a pool set. Unless you strip out the summons. Let MMs keep their signature abilities, specifically their summons. Strip out the summoning aspect of Hell on Earth? Then sure.

Edit: Of course, given how this conversation went, why not just play a petless Demon Summoning MM?

Edit again: If you really want a new power set from whips? Take the Corruption, Lash, and Crack Whip abilities and make them T1-3 powers. Add Aim as a T4 or 5. Take the Hell on Earth animation, strip the summons, add a reverse energy flow animation to the hell fire animation, and make it a damaging heal like Life Drain for the other T4 or 5. Make some T6 and 7. Use Hell on Earth as is for the T8. And for the T9, a flaming orb appears that the character catches with the whip like with Hell on Earth and rapidly grows it (for the normal T9 activation time) before it detonates. There, a new primary set using whips.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I wouldn't count Hell on Earth since it is still a summoning attack. Not for a pool set. Unless you strip out the summons. Let MMs keep their signature abilities, specifically their summons. Strip out the summoning aspect of Hell on Earth? Then sure.

Hell on Earth has you wrap your whip around the target, (one of your demons in this case).  It shouldn't; be too difficult to allow it to wrap around an enemy to deal some DoT or have some other efefct, (especially considering the size difference between the demonlings and the prince).  It'd be even simpler to use it as a buff for an ally due to the closer uniformity of player character models...

• Like 1

I finished my second edit after your post. Apologies. And yeah, I was already thinking of it latching around an enemy's throat.

Edit: Sorry, the as-is for Hell on Earth is for the animation. It would still need to target an enemy and do its own damage. Unless you're feeling sadistic and want to be able to summon the fire imps by using it on a friend....

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I finished my second edit after your post. Apologies. And yeah, I was already thinking of it latching around an enemy's throat.

Edit: Sorry, the as-is for Hell on Earth is for the animation. It would still need to target an enemy and do its own damage. Unless you're feeling sadistic and want to be able to summon the fire imps by using it on a friend

It could just apply a buff or something, (think enflame from sorcery, experimental injection from experimentation, or even a dual-function, like injection from medicine).