Instant 50

Oklahoman

17 minutes ago, biostem said:

The free "Inner Inspiration" power gives you 3 medium or large inspirations every 25 minutes.  The large ones can sell for 10K-100K, so if you're patient, (especially if you don't use the 2XP buff), you can get that money in very short order through normal play.

😳

7 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If the problem is that new players cannot afford SOs right off the bat, a simple solution appears to me that they should remove SOs from vendors until the player has reached a high enough level to be able to afford them.

Simple solution to that is here.

Plus you can buy training enhancements and DO.

Training supposedly goes to 20.

20 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Try playing a new character without a sugar daddy or speed leveling (DFB or farms), and you'll very quickly learn that a) DO's and SO's make a significant difference, and b) 50k isn't trivial.

Another trick is to run DFB. It drops SOs that match the character. This works at any level, and it helps fill DFB teams for the characters that are using them to level.

I'm not a grinder, so I would not push this to be done over and over again for any reason. But it is a way to get SO's without spending influence on them.

If you don't want to out-level content, then simply lock your xp and run it just for the enhancements.

You can play the content on flat with training enhancements until you can't buy them any more, You can do this sucessfully.

Power-level to 50, and, yeah, you are putting yourself in a bad position. But power-leveling to 50 really isn't the intent of the game. It is just what some people do.

On 10/31/2022 at 7:59 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

We're regularly getting new players.  Not many, but not zero either.

I agree that we are getting new players

We are also still getting returning players that haven't played since before the sunset.

On 10/31/2022 at 7:59 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Also, Twinshot's minimum level is far too high to serve as a tutorial.

Well, the tutorials are in there, but they are before you get to Atlas, the Isles, or that other place that some don't speak of.

Twinshot's arc is just lame.  It is definitely not a tutorial.

Players really need to be directed to the origin contacts. Specifically to their origin contact.

A character should have the origin contact when they zone into THE CITY and be directed to speak to them in the Hud.

I don't like Matt-whoevers starting arc either.

Both of these seem to have been added as funneling arcs to try to get new characters all going through the same contacts for the merit rewards.

The origin arcs in Atlas appear to have been created as solo missions. Teaming doesn't really seem to be intended until you leave Atlas.

Hazard Zones are supposed to push you into teaming.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, Sirius.Games said:

With limitless development time a tutorial for the different currencies would be great... That being said their probably is on somewhere that I just repeatel skip or don't read. I stopped reading the tutorials and mechanics stuff in game a long time ago.

I think the basics of influence are in the tutorial.

Someone could make an AE arc that explains all the different types of currency ... if they really wanted to.

Pretty much anything can be explained in the AE while it behaving as a mission as well. it could be the mission contact giving information. Things encountered in the mission could give information.

The DEVs don't have to do all the work if someone in the community really wanted to help out with this or someone that thought this was necessary took the time to add it.

Of course, this all comes back to players being directed to information instead being told to go look for it.

I mean -- how many people these days actually go and run the IO arc in the University?

i don't think players are even directed to go do it at this point.

There is a guy in City Hall that you can talk to about day jobs, but how many people just run past him?

On 10/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, Aida LaCanthe said:

I think at a certain point, trying to plan for the positive experience of a hypothetical new player who knows absolutely nothing and refuses to look things up is kind of folly.

Agreed.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:06 AM, Sirius.Games said:

I would bet inf that I could get 50k inf within 5 min of character creation just by asking for it in chat saying I was new.

In my experience, you end up getting more than that.

On 11/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, Sirius.Games said:

SOs are too expensive to matter, for DOs and TOs you out level them too quickly.

You can upgrade now.

So I went to the Beta server to check somethings out before posting.

I'm assuming the enhances are still working as they do on live.

I can't buy Training enhancements from the Freedom Corp Rep near Miss Liberty. it starts with DO.

It looks like you can buy DO's until around level 29.

You could upgrade these to 50.

I was interested in testing to see if I was able to upgrade training enhances all the way to 50 with the upgrade feature. I don't see any reason that you shouldn't be able to.

I guess I missed when they remove Training enhances.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 hours ago, battlewraith said:

Lol no. The cheapest lvl 5 SOs are around 3k. Some of the more popular ones like dmg are around 6k. Nobody is buying 20 of these things for 50k, even if they could enhance fear in every power or something.

*Shrug*  Big deal, so you'd only be able to buy 10 rather than 20.  That's still more than the 2 you claimed.

I tried a new character as I said. I didn't give it any money. Also, the point of the dfb was to get the buffs, not to speed level.

No, you didn't try a new character, you tried a speed leveled character.  Whatever your intent, the simple fact is that you did speed level and by doing so you far exceeded the levels this bonus is meant for.

The illogic of this quoted statement is that if SOs and DOs make a significant difference, then you'll level faster and they will therefore expire faster. If you want to level faster, just run some dfbs and/or use a booster to make easier settings worth more.

This is about increasing survivability, it's not about making it easier to level faster.  It's about making it more attractive to play the lower levels, not about creating an alternative to speed leveling.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

6 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

*Shrug*  Big deal, so you'd only be able to buy 10 rather than 20.  That's still more than the 2 you claimed.

I didn't claim that. I said that by the time I had earned 50k I was in the late teens. The price of SOs at that time was such that I could buy 2. And yeah, being able to 10 rather than 20, of the lvl 5s, is a pretty big difference.

No, you didn't try a new character, you tried a speed leveled character.

Yeah I don't think I would describe using 2x boosters, running 3 dfbs, and then soloing at default settings all the way to lvl 26 as "speed leveling." The whole point is to show that buying SOs early is unnecessary, particularly with the other buffs available. 

This is about increasing survivability, it's not about making it easier to level faster. 

Same deal. If it's easier to survive, then it's easier to grind. And I doubt most players in the early levels are doing anything about their survivability. Being able to kill mobs is more important than having good resists or def at the outset. If you're support and know you will be teaming a lot, then buffs and heals are worth slotting--but if you're teaming a lot, you'll fly through this early content.