Expand the world in time and place - Egypt/desert maps

Greycat

6 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

Could always use AE and write it yourself!

I have used AE to do stories in other locales. It doesn't let me create environments. It's hard to pull off "Ancient Egypt" (or central america, or other places I've set stories) in Yet Another Generic Cave or the options we have available.

(Which would also be a side benefit - new maps, objects and characters - contacts and enemy groups - to bring in to AE. Set something in a museum. Use a desert map for anything from the southwest US to the Gobi to a ruined desert world, for instance.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

(Which would also be a side benefit - new maps, objects and characters - contacts and enemy groups - to bring in to AE. Set something in a museum. Use a desert map for anything from the southwest US to the Gobi to a ruined desert world, for instance.)

Maybe it would be more realistic to work in the opposite direction. The graphics of this game are antiquated. Meanwhile modeling, texturing, sculpting, topology, etc.  tools have become incredibly powerful compared to what they were like in the early 2000s. Perhaps the dev team could outsource the production of assets which could be added to the AE system. Not just Egypt---a variety of interesting locales. AE content creators could then incorporate them into new player made content, which would give the playerbase a compelling reason to check out these AE missions. This would also act as an extended beta for the new assets to make sure they work/integrate properly. After a period of time, the devs could look at which assets are particularly popular and then use those as a basis for further updates that included new coding related functionality.

I vote yes,  one of my characters would feel right at home.

In addition to this, would be nice to have a new Egyptian themed power set or two.   Think swarms of locusts or scarab beetles,  ranged attacks that have the Ankh symbol glowing bright at your hands, etc.   - wouldnt be too hard to fill out control and/or blast themed sets with this concept in mind.

All great ideas and I back them.  Djinn could make an appearance as well.  Is it too much to hope for, with the limited resources available?

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**