More dual aspect enhancements/IOs

Greycat

So as I'm playing yet another warshade, I'm reminded - there's no "Endmod/Heal" set. Or, on checking, even something like a D-sync or hami-o that covers it. This despite other powers that have been around since live that do precisely that (in rad, empathy and other sets.)

There are other combinations like that as well. There's no damage/taunt. With Symphonic's damaging confuse, it can at least use a damage/mez d-sync/titan/hami, but there's no set for it.

Yes, with some of these, you can frankenslot, but I think it'd be worthwhile to get some new enhancements - both in terms of hami or Dsyncs as well as sets (and, honestly, even one-off dual aspect "generic" IOs) to cover some of these uncovered bases. It'd cover some slot crunch situations as well as give a few more options for builds.

Focusing on IOs here, I could see as examples:

Endmod/Heal/absorb : Several ATs/powersets have powers that could use this. Probably have an option with damage and one without.

Threat/damage: Just for a bit of variety.

Accurate To-hit/Damage - There are a few powers that do damage that *also* buff your chance to hit. (Mires come to mind.) Again, more in the interest of variety for builds. (These would likely lean on recharge some, too.)

Confuse/Damage: Since we have confuse attacks doing damage now, something other than the titan/hami options available as sets would be nice to add a little spice. Since right now this only covers one set (I don't believe seeds does damage off the top of my head,) maybe just one set would work here. *shrug*

I'm sure there are other combos as well that currently just get frankenslotted or get one aspect enhanced to the detriment of the other. But these would be the start of getting a little more coverage on powers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

110% Yes. All of this.

With newer sets having different arrangements of mechanics that old IOs/enhancements just don't account for and older sets getting revamps to make them more competitive, having enhancements & sets capitalize better on how powers function would be fantastic. Plus it'd just be nice to have more viable, varied options in-general to cover the bases. Expand the SO combinations, adjust existing IO sets, add entirely new ones - whatever form it's got to take, I'm here for it.

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Heal/Absorb/Damage

Hold/Damage (and Stun/Damage)

Tohit Debuff/Fear

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Also, perhaps a damage/-defense set?

damage/accuracy

damage/-defense

damage/recharge

accuracy/-defense/recharge

damage/-defense/endurance

endurance/recharge/-defense

I'd also like to see a knockback set that trades damage for more endurance reduction, useful in powers like Hurricane and Force Field Dispersion Bubble.  Not really a dual-use set though I suppose.

Something like:

knockback/endurance 

knockback/recharge 

knockback/accuracy

knockback/endurance/recharge

knockback/endurance/recharge/accuracy

chance for -def

Edited by Jiro Ito
for clarity

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• 1 month later

Something else I'd like to see is a taunt/damage set with some endurance components, perfect for tank toggles.

damage/accuracy

damage/taunt

damage/endurance

damage/accuracy/recharge

damage/taunt/endurance

taunt/accuracy/endurance/recharge

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**