A Cloud of Odorous Nope

Luminara

First objective of this tip mission is "Rendezvous with Silent Blade".  She spawns as a hostage, guarded by Council critters.  And she takes damage when those Council critters use AoEs, PBAoEs or cones.

Guess what happens if she's defeated.  Go on, guess.

That's right!  The next objective is set when Silent Blade is rescued, and the mission can't progress because rescuing Silent Blade isn't completed!  Because she's dead, and dead chicks set no objectives.

Obviously, /leaveteam or mission abandonment and waiting for it to reset are workarounds, but since you guys redesigned this mission, added a badge for Voids and bumped it up to the 40-50 slot so people would play it, maybe you might want to do something to... I don't know... make it not a pain in the ass to complete?

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:47 PM, Luminara said:

First objective of this tip mission is "Rendezvous with Silent Blade".  She spawns as a hostage, guarded by Council critters.  And she takes damage when those Council critters use AoEs, PBAoEs or cones.

Guess what happens if she's defeated.  Go on, guess.

That's right!  The next objective is set when Silent Blade is rescued, and the mission can't progress because rescuing Silent Blade isn't completed!  Because she's dead, and dead chicks set no objectives.

Obviously, /leaveteam or mission abandonment and waiting for it to reset are workarounds, but since you guys redesigned this mission, added a badge for Voids and bumped it up to the 40-50 slot so people would play it, maybe you might want to do something to... I don't know... make it not a pain in the ass to complete?

I'm guessing this is the Hero alignment Tip Mission selection and not the Vigilante alignment one?

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm guessing this is the Hero alignment Tip Mission selection and not the Vigilante alignment one?

Correct.  I apologize for not including that information.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

This is also a problem in some missions in Story Arcs, such as Rescue Jim Thunderhead Bartlett.

And the PPD in the PI safeguard mission.  Makes getting that badge annoying.  I intend to test some other missions, like the ones with Blast Furnace as a hostage, as soon as I have the time.