Is it just me or is the scrapper a bit "clunky"

Diantane

Created a War Mace/WP scrapper yesterday evening. Was all excited about playing him and did get the character to almost 22. But playing him is difficult. I have set "Tab" to target the closest foe. That works fine, but flow between the attacks is not very fluid. it seems that there is a pause between each one. I have never had this issue before on ranged AT's. Just on melee. 

The motions of the animations are generally more fluid on ranged characters because the arms and body postures aren't moving around all of the place.

The are generally some sequences to a melee set that will make the animations seem smoother during execution if that is what you are looking.

Also, you might want to check the power customization to make sure that the character isn't set to redraw the weapon with every attack. Check each attack.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

It's just you.

In fairness, Mace, Axe, and Broadsword tend to "feel" slow. But they do make up for it in oomph. If you want something more fluid, I suggest having a look at Katana, Claws, or Street Justice. That said, there are ways around the sluggishness of mace. I have the same feel with my Bane: I only have 5 attacks but they're built in such a way that there's always one up that I can swing at a foe. Hurts like a freight train dropped from orbit, so all's good.

Also, as with your past posts try not to judge too hastily. the level 20s is a nice milestone for me. For one thing, it's when your beginner's luck runs out and you're out in the real world. When I try out a new toon, level 20 - 25 is when I decide if the toon's worth playing until 50. If it is, then it's just the start. Your powers are limited, your slots are limited, your hp/end isn't fully sorted out yet (meaning even if you have the power, you may not be strong enough to use it yet). 

But, again, it's all up to you. If it doesn't feel right, I'd switch to something that does.

• Thumbs Up 2

Roll Katana/Anything or Claws/Anything and get back to us on how clunky/slow that feels. 😉

As mentioned, Mace, Axe, Broadsword, as well as Psi and Radiation have long animation times that will feel "slower" than other sets.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.