Bind_Load_File help

ACFU

I want to make a single key that will search for multiple enemies when I press the button.

Ideally I will push my button and it will find a specific enemy and then load the next bind file to find a different enemy.

So....

I have created a Macro for BAF with the command "bind_load_file C:\Binds\BAF_Siege.txt"

In my C:\Binds folder I have a BAF_Siege.txt file which reads as follows: /bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom$$bind_load_file C:\Binds\BAF_Nightstar.txt"

I Also have a BAF_Nightstar.txt file which reads as follows: /bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom$$bind_load_file C:\Binds\BAF_Siege.txt"

What I was expecting to happen is that when I hit my macro, it will load the BAF_Siege.txt file so that when I hit Numpad7 it will target Siege (if he is in view) and then load the BAF_Nightstar.txt file so that by pressing Numpad7 a second time it will target Nightstar (if she is in view), loading the BAF_Siege.txt file afterwards.  Repeated pressing of Numpad7 should toggle the selected target between Siege and Nightstar.

But it doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong here?

I want to make a single key that will search for multiple enemies when I press the button.

Ideally I will push my button and it will find a specific enemy and then load the next bind file to find a different enemy.

So....

I have created a Macro for BAF with the command "bind_load_file C:\Binds\BAF_Siege.txt"

In my C:\Binds folder I have a BAF_Siege.txt file which reads as follows: /bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom$$bind_load_file C:\Binds\BAF_Nightstar.txt"

I Also have a BAF_Nightstar.txt file which reads as follows: /bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom$$bind_load_file C:\Binds\BAF_Siege.txt"

What I was expecting to happen is that when I hit my macro, it will load the BAF_Siege.txt file so that when I hit Numpad7 it will target Siege (if he is in view) and then load the BAF_Nightstar.txt file so that by pressing Numpad7 a second time it will target Nightstar (if she is in view), loading the BAF_Siege.txt file afterwards.  Repeated pressing of Numpad7 should toggle the selected target between Siege and Nightstar.

But it doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong here?

I'm noticing that both of the bind files search for the same thing.  The only difference between the files is that are loading each other, but in theory all you really accomplishing is:

/bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom“,

Additionally, since Maelstrom is not a system parameter for target_custom_next, the

/bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom” will only search for targets with Maelstrom in the name

Does this help?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I don't have the forum link, but here's the direct link for a very thorough command listing with examples: http://www.dgath.com/coh/

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I'm noticing that both of the bind files search for the same thing.  The only difference between the files is that are loading each other, but in theory all you really accomplishing is:

/bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom“,

Additionally, since Maelstrom is not a system parameter for target_custom_next, the

/bind Numpad7 "target_custom_next Maelstrom” will only search for targets with Maelstrom in the name

Does this help?

Sorry the Siege file will target_custom_next Siege while the Nightstar file will target_custom_next Nightstar.  In any case it does not work. 

I made a test.txt file that had target_custom_next Shocker.  I then set my Macro to load test.txt while standing next to the Shocker and it still didn't target him.