Fire armor build theory question

Nyghtmaire

I’m trying to wrap my head around the fire armor changes (Burn changes, RotP, native bit of KB protection and some regen, etc…) - all of which look good or at least interesting. But my brain is twisted and close to shutting down from overload. Maybe the holiday season, new job, new kid, long COVID - wtf any/all of the above? Is there a developing consensus as to build priorities for a GENERAL (not farm) fire armor build? I’m running claws/fire. Don’t need a build.

Question

I’m guessing priority order would be:

a. Close to capped Resistance, at least for S/L; energy as high as achievable.

b. -recharge resistance.

c. HP

d. Recharge (not too many critical core, long-click powers - basically healing flames, spin and burn)

As always forumites, many thanks.

• Haha 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I recently rolled a Fire tank and have it up to lvl 25. Prior to this, I hadn't played Fire since live. I think your priorities are about right, but I would throw +regen in at the same level as HP. Also, you'll want to add toxic and psi resistance via set bonuses. The only toxic resistance is in Healing Flames, which you may not want to use proactively, and there's no psi resistance at all.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

@Krimson I appreciate the detailed response. My character has done his time in the farms, and currently has a S/L res and S/L/M capped build. I guess this is more a check to make sure I’m not missing anything before I respec for the (for me at least) new issue. Can’t say I have much of any interest into going back to AE. And like the idea of dropping down to 32.5; remember doing that back on Live with my Claws/Dark. Very sturdy. 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I agree with Krimson, in all those points but to your OP: HP is king and End not far behind (on every build).

Though I think I usually put recharge over recharge resist in priority because there aren't that many encounters which floor your recharge, especially in comparison to having your high impact powers up faster. 

• Thanks 1