The (Almost) Complete guide to Kheldians

19 hours ago, Laucianna said:

Updated - 25/04/2024 - Updated the PeaceBringer builds section and the Pylon time  ❤️

- Lauci x

if you had to remove invis and teleportation, what would you replace it with? and how dependent is the build on those two? thank in advance!! awesome stuff

Just now, Vargul said:

if you had to remove invis and teleportation, what would you replace it with? and how dependent is the build on those two? thank in advance!! awesome stuff

Invis I use for LOTG procs ❤️ I don't actually use it in combat so I would swap it for maybe Leadership for Manoeuvres and Vengeance, plus Victory rush is a lovely power imo 😄 Teleportation is the last power pool I would remove due to the speed of teleport, the helpfullness of Teleport target, the in combat use of Combat TP, and fold space is like a drug!

But the build would need something to slot the LOTG into to maintain the perma light form 🙂 

4 hours ago, Laucianna said:

Invis I use for LOTG procs ❤️ I don't actually use it in combat so I would swap it for maybe Leadership for Manoeuvres and Vengeance, plus Victory rush is a lovely power imo 😄 Teleportation is the last power pool I would remove due to the speed of teleport, the helpfullness of Teleport target, the in combat use of Combat TP, and fold space is like a drug!

But the build would need something to slot the LOTG into to maintain the perma light form 🙂 

amazing thanks!!!

one more question, 

/bind lshift+lbutton "powexec_location cursor White Dwarf Step"

i can't bind this for some reason. everything else worked. is this suppose to be left shit and then mouse click?

4 minutes ago, Vargul said:

amazing thanks!!!

one more question, 

/bind lshift+lbutton "powexec_location cursor White Dwarf Step"

i can't bind this for some reason. everything else worked. is this suppose to be left shit and then mouse click?

So you hold down left shift and the click with your left mouse button whilst in dwarf form to tp ❤️ 

50 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

So you hold down left shift and the click with your left mouse button whilst in dwarf form to tp ❤️ 

i see! i thought it was shifting you in dwarf automatically. thanks!!

• Like 1

You can also try this, to be able to teleport in human form with a quick double-click:

/bind SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexectoggleoff White Dwarf$$powexec_location cursor White Dwarf Step$$powexectoggleon White Dwarf"

For normal teleportation in dwarf form, I combine the above with:

/bind CTRL+LBUTTON "powexec_location cursor White Dwarf Step"

/bind EQUALS "powexec_location target white dwarf step"

I really like the human form teleport, because I spend a lot of time in human form and little in dwarf form. The binds are also consistent with the ones from my warshade, with the human teleports bound to shift and the dwarf teleport bound to control.

/bind SHIFT+RBUTTON "powexecname shadow step"
/bind SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexecname starless step"

/bind CTRL+LBUTTON "powexec_location cursor Black Dwarf Step"

This enables me to switch characters without having to rework muscle memory.

For quick combat moves:

/bind EQUALS "powexec_location target starless step" (eg for catching runners)
/bind MINUS "powexec_location Back:30 starless step" (eg to apply Gravitic Emanation)

To proc the Warp IO:

/bind H "powexectoggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_location me black dwarf step$$powexectoggleon Black Dwarf"

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

First: Thank you! this guide makes Kheldians MUCH more approachable!

Second: Heres a couple of $$ spam'o'macros that have been helping me out. They look damn intimidating, and took me an afternoon to test and put together (largely by pirating everyone else's work here and mashing them together, thanks! 😉) But hopefully listing them here will help some others out with PB binds, and shouldn't be too hard to rename powers for WS, and maybe save someone an afternoon!

The macros change your key bindings as you switch forms to allow for the same button to give access to your healing powers across forms, and your teleport powers across forms.

You can use them as macros (buttons) by changing '/bind <key>' into '/macro "name"' (eg. /macro "Dwarf" "gototray 1$$powexec_toggleoff... etc etc) However I found them not be as reliable as a binding somehow.

The noteworthy one here is Combat Teleport, that for some reason doesnt follow the usual rules for teleporting to your cursor, so the command is different for the same effect.

Anyhow, heres the macro spam :-)

Dwarf Form + Heal Keybind (f) + Dwarf Step to cursor (lshift+lclick):

/bind e "gototray 6$$powexec_toggleon White Dwarf$$bind f powexecname White Dwarf Sublimation$$bind lshift+lbutton powexec_location cursor White Dwarf Step"

Human Form + Heal Keybind (f & g) + Combat TP to cursor (lshift+lclick):

/bind v "gototray 1$$powexec_toggleoff white dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$bind f powexecname Reform Essence$$bind g powexecname Essence Boost$$bind lshift+lbutton powexec_name Combat Teleport"

Alternate, for regular TP:

Human Form + Heal Keybind (f & g) + TP to cursor (lshift+lclick):

/bind v "gototray 1$$powexec_toggleoff white dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$bind f powexecname Reform Essence$$bind g powexecname Essence Boost$$bind lshift+lbutton powexec_location cursor Teleport"

You can remove the "bind g..." command if you dont use "g" as a binding in Nova form. Just binding "g" once will be fine, no need every time you switch back to human form, however leaving it wont change anything.

Hope someone finds these helpful!

• Like 1

Since I suck at copy/pasting binds (and remembering which button does what after I haven't played a bit), I created this binds file for Peacebringers. Also to make it easier on myself to change binds around.

Use /bind_load_file <file location>  to load the bind.

Tab: Targets priority enemies

H: Opens Auctionhouse

Q: Turn into lobster

E: Turn into squid

R: Autorun

X: Turn back to human

1-7: Flare, Detonation, Scatter, Smite, Blast, Bolt, Strike

8: Dwarf Taunt

9: Dwarf heal

Do whatever you want with this information 🙂

PBBinds.txt

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Hi - just starting to look at a kheldian and reading your guide - it looks very thorough.  I may be missing it, but I'm not finding any details on the Infinity Changeling/Shifter playstyle.  I see you added a section for changelings, including binds but you made a distinction between changelings and infinity changelings in your section on playstyles.  I did find the builds for both, just nothing on details of binds or how to play the inifinity version.  Anything you can point me to?  Thanks.

13 hours ago, Sszl said:

Hi - just starting to look at a kheldian and reading your guide - it looks very thorough.  I may be missing it, but I'm not finding any details on the Infinity Changeling/Shifter playstyle.  I see you added a section for changelings, including binds but you made a distinction between changelings and infinity changelings in your section on playstyles.  I did find the builds for both, just nothing on details of binds or how to play the inifinity version.  Anything you can point me to?  Thanks.

The difference between infinity and normal changeling is if you use human attacks as part of your normal attack chain ❤️ Everything else is the same.

So if you use things like Radiant Strike, Cross punch: That is a normal changeling.

If you only use the form attacks (Human nukes too): That is an infinity changeling.

Hope that helps clear things up 🙂

• Like 1

With regards to the changeling form-shifting keybinds... I had an idea which seemed to work out really well.

Rather than binding to specific powers, I changed my binds to use "powexec_slot #" so that I could shuffle powers around within the existing interface.  This gave me another idea... if specific slots are for specific form powers, other slots can have binds that automatically revert to human form.

So you might have:

/bind 1 "+$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$powexec_slot 1"

for a human power in slot one of your primary bar, and

/bind Alt+2 "+$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_toggleon Black Dwarf$$powexec_altslot 2"

for a dwarf power in slot two of your secondary bar, and even

/bind Shift+4 "+$$powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$powexec_toggleon Dark Nova$$powexec_alt2slot 4"

in your tertiary bar.  Provided you dragged a power that the corresponding form uses into that slot, pressing that button will shift you into the appropriate form to use the power, period.

This makes it really easy to shuffle pool power attacks into the rotation, because even if you didn't get the rhythm right on the toggle presses you can still activate your other powers without needing an extra drop-form bind.  It's a little tedious to set all the slots up like this, but it's like butter once they're there.

Also, thank you for the guide.  Couldn't have played this archetype at all without it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThatGuyCDude said:

With regards to the changeling form-shifting keybinds... I had an idea which seemed to work out really well.

Rather than binding to specific powers, I changed my binds to use "powexec_slot #" so that I could shuffle powers around within the existing interface.  This gave me another idea... if specific slots are for specific form powers, other slots can have binds that automatically revert to human form.

So you might have:

/bind 1 "+$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$powexec_slot 1"

for a human power in slot one of your primary bar, and

/bind Alt+2 "+$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_toggleon Black Dwarf$$powexec_altslot 2"

for a dwarf power in slot two of your secondary bar, and even

/bind Shift+4 "+$$powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$powexec_toggleon Dark Nova$$powexec_alt2slot 4"

in your tertiary bar.  Provided you dragged a power that the corresponding form uses into that slot, pressing that button will shift you into the appropriate form to use the power, period.

This makes it really easy to shuffle pool power attacks into the rotation, because even if you didn't get the rhythm right on the toggle presses you can still activate your other powers without needing an extra drop-form bind.  It's a little tedious to set all the slots up like this, but it's like butter once they're there.

Also, thank you for the guide.  Couldn't have played this archetype at all without it.

I didn't think of using the slot in the bind so that is super useful! I just stick with the power in mine but I do similar things with human powers especially things like Combat tp 😄

Was the ability to use Fold Space in White Dwarf form removed? The power becomes disabled when I shapeshift and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Couldn't find anything in recent patch notes. 

4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Was the ability to use Fold Space in White Dwarf form removed? The power becomes disabled when I shapeshift and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Couldn't find anything in recent patch notes. 

Yeah it was a bug sadly, I only found out after they removed it 😞

• Thumbs Up 1

RIP: it makes sense since you can't use basically any pool powers while shapeshifted, but still RIP Fold Space.

• Thumbs Up 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."