The (Almost) Complete guide to Kheldians

On 1/6/2024 at 7:12 PM, Koopak said:

eddited an above post to remove misinformation. Toggles do not linger, i believe that may have been me applying unsuppressed (turned off) toggle logic to suppressed toggles. Did some testing recently and confirmed suppressed toggles have their effects suppressed as well. Do have an exception ill be looking into soon though will follow up.

Oh and forgot to follow up, the possible exception was Enflame, which does persist and also seems to get some extra damage ticks out of the duration when shape shifting often. On changling this results in a solid boost to Enflames total damage.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Koopak said:

In case you weren't aware @Laucianna there's a solid lore write up for Kheldians on the wiki. It doesn't get EVERYTHING but its about 99% of the known lore. Theres lots more one could infer from the Kheld portion of the lore bible but what was actually implemented vs that is so different that even on the standard of the story bibles its very apocryphal and i recommend only mining it for personal character history some rather than trying to take it as canon.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Kheldian

Some added notes.

Explaining the concept of Epic ATs at the beginning and their origins as an unlock for veteran players may help set standards for new players.
BP -res is for Cold and Negative only.

Yeah I looked at that page when learning the lore whilst also reading the comics showing off Kheldians before they were playable, it's annoying her their lore has changed quite a bit and we were left at not knowing what is cannon and what is no longer cannon 😞 

- Lauci x

3 hours ago, Laucianna said:

Yeah I looked at that page when learning the lore whilst also reading the comics showing off Kheldians before they were playable, it's annoying her their lore has changed quite a bit and we were left at not knowing what is cannon and what is no longer cannon 😞 

- Lauci x

It's fairly clear imo if you apply standard practice for Canon interpretation. Short version if it's in game, it's canon. If it's not in game but Is from an official source, it can be treated as canon except where contradicted by a canon source. If it's from an unofficial source, it's not canon, and of its from the mouth of God (aka dev amas) it can be considered canon except where contradicted 

Edited by Koopak

7 minutes ago, Koopak said:

It's fairly clear imo if you apply standard practice for Canon interpretation. Short version if it's in game, it's canon. If it's not in game but Is from an official source, it can be treated as canon except where contradicted by a canon source. If it's from an unofficial source, it's not canon, and of its from the mouth of God (aka dev amas) it can be considered canon except where contradicted 

That is pretty much what I did in the lore section, was apply what is confirmed in game. I didn't talk much about battalion as there is very little information about them other them other then they were set to be the Big big bad (Bigger and badder then the rest) and apparently they used Kheldians as a fuel source according to Twilights Son I believe is not the most reliable source as people believe he betrayed the Kheldian people. Unless you think I am missing anything in the lore section?

- Lauci x

I also have a 0% defense PB, which can solo 4/8 Arachnos and Carnies just fine. So I am adding my comments.

With 0% defense, everything hits you. Every single mezz, debuff and drain. But:

- you don't care about enemy damage with overcapped resistances and three heals.
- you don't care either for resistance and defense debuffs (obviously).
- for some reason, other debuffs don't seem to affect me much.

Mezzes are adressed by T4 Melee Core Embodiment, dwarf form, or just waiting the few seconds they last. Be extra careful however in spawns with several mezzing bosses. I have been almost perma-locked in spawns featuring two Carnie Master Illusionists, until I slotted Melee Core Embodiement, a key power which will deserve a comment later.

The only problem is endurance drains, in particular when they hit at the same time as the Light Form crash.
My solution is using Ageless Radial Epiphany to refill the end bar. The PB is one of my few characters who is using this power reactively rather than premptively. 
Anyway, losing endurance is not that big a problem. It is alleviated by conserve energy, decent recovery and not using any toggle in combat. The only toggle I am using outside of combat is Stealth. I am using it to position inside spawns prior to unleashing the nukes. It also allows to avoid ambushes.

Melee core embodiement:

It seems a weird choice for a character spending some time at range, already capped in resists and not exactly a top-tier damage dealer. Intuitively, Assault Hybrid is better. It probably is. But even without it, I still deal enough damage to finish +4 bosses in a bearable amount of time.

Melee Hybrid provides a permanent 30% regen boost. More importantly, it front loads huge mezz protection and regeneration. It also plugs and overcaps the psi hole. 
It is a solution to mezzes. And a character with overcapped resistances to all + 431% regen is basically unkillable. There is great synergy between regen and resistances.
Melee Hybrid is only up half the time however. This does not stop me unless I see several mezzing bosses around. In this case, I have to patiently wait for off cooldown.

My build is in the appended file. Credits to the "you're a goddam PB" guide suggestions which I adapted to my playstyle as I leveled the character.

Tri-Man - Tri-Form Peacebringer V3.mbd

• Like 1

I've just returned to my WS after a long hiatus. I'm trying to find a solid, simple rotation for my tri-form, but it seems to be very hit & miss. For ref, I'm still only lvl 23.

Currently I hover or TP into the middle of a pack in human form (I have stealth on always). Then I fire off Mire, Gravity Well and possibly Essence Drain (if I've lost a lot of HP to the alpha strike).

I then switch to dwarf, mire, heal, punch them a couple times and then to the final nova dps form, while I back straight up out of reach, then fling detonation, emanation, etc.

If I get into trouble, I don't have the higher level skills as yet to get out easily, so I'll just TP or fly away, then use whatever to get my HP and End back up. I prefer the PB dwarf's direct self-heal, but you can't have everything. I find it odd that my human TP goes so much further than the dwarf one, with just one range IO (and an end red), it's almost free and jumps 420' per cast! :)

Now, if I TP into a large pack of yellow and oranges, I usually end up in hospital. Seeing WSs are most powerful with bodies around them to leech off, I must be doing something fundamentally wrong with my rotation. I just slotted all 25 IOs, which has helped a bit (from 20 SOs), so hopefully only gets better from here.

I imagine I should also try grouping, given that's where Khelds shine. I do love the innate TP, fly and stealth, I had to add hover so I had more mobility mid-air and didn't start falling if I moved or did anything, not sure how anyone could play without it, tbh.

Edited by Nostromo21

Game over man, game over!

10 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

I've just returned to my WS after a long hiatus. I'm trying to find a solid, simple rotation for my tri-form, but it seems to be very hit & miss. For ref, I'm still only lvl 23.

Currently I hover or TP into the middle of a pack in human form (I have stealth on always). Then I fire off Mire, Gravity Well and possibly Essence Drain (if I've lost a lot of HP to the alpha strike).

I then switch to dwarf, mire, heal, punch them a couple times and then to the final nova dps form, while I back straight up out of reach, then fling detonation, emanation, etc.

If I get into trouble, I don't have the higher level skills as yet to get out easily, so I'll just TP or fly away, then use whatever to get my HP and End back up. I prefer the PB dwarf's direct self-heal, but you can't have everything. I find it odd that my human TP goes so much further than the dwarf one, with just one range IO (and an end red), it's almost free and jumps 420' per cast! 🙂

Now, if I TP into a large pack of yellow and oranges, I usually end up in hospital. Seeing WSs are most powerful with bodies around them to leech off, I must be doing something fundamentally wrong with my rotation. I just slotted all 25 IOs, which has helped a bit (from 20 SOs), so hopefully only gets better from here.

I imagine I should also try grouping, given that's where Khelds shine. I do love the innate TP, fly and stealth, I had to add hover so I had more mobility mid-air and didn't start falling if I moved or did anything, not sure how anyone could play without it, tbh.

For levelling yeah I would highly suggest grouping as we are not at our godhood potential at that point, treat the leveling up in teams as chances for you to test out the different forms and switching between them as needed so when you do get higher level you are ready to be the bad ass you were meant to be ❤️ Once you get Eclipse/Light Form perma you get a massive power spike in not dying.

- Lauci x

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
On 1/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, Laucianna said:

Binds:

Hide contents

/bind lshift+lbutton "powexec_location cursor Shadow Step$$powexec_location cursor black dwarf step"

^^ Teleports you ^^
(Thank to @Dungeoness Eloorafor this!)

/bind numpad1 "gototray 4$$powexec_toggleon dark nova"

/macro Nova "gototray 4$$powexec_toggleon dark nova"

^^ Causes you to go into nova and switch action bars ^^

/bind numpad2 "gototray 5$$powexec_toggleon Black Dwarf"

/macro Dwarf "gototray 5$$powexec_toggleon Black Dwarf"

^^ Causes you to go into Dwarf and switch action bars ^^

/bind numpad0 "gototray 1$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$"

/macro Human "gototray 1$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$"

^^ This bind/macro will make your numpad 0 key revert you back to human form ^^

I tried to use all of these and they worked fine when I tested and then when I changed zones every one of these broke. For some reason the Powexec_toggleon doesn't work and it deletes the rest of the macro. I switched to "powexec_name Dark Nova" and it works fine now. 

11 hours ago, Seven Strikes said:

I tried to use all of these and they worked fine when I tested and then when I changed zones every one of these broke. For some reason the Powexec_toggleon doesn't work and it deletes the rest of the macro. I switched to "powexec_name Dark Nova" and it works fine now. 

That is very odd, this is the first time I've heard of the binding breaking to be honest hun so not sure if it's a one time thing or now 😅

- Lauci x

Love all the information. I'm re-learning how to play these ATs, as I haven't played since the official servers were live.

Two things that are flummoxing me, though, and I'm hoping for some insight.

1) the Macros/Binds for form-changing work, but they are not showing the powers in the main tray. Instead, I just get the 'extra powers' tray that pops up at the top. Is there any known way to fix/prevent this?

2) I understand that the way the form powers interact with some human powers has changed (ie. Shadow Bolt with Dark Nova Bolt), but I'm looking for a guide that explains exactly how they are now working so that I can slot them properly. Adding this information here, or at least point to another guide would be greatly beneficial.

• Game Master
1 hour ago, Blaydsong said:

Love all the information. I'm re-learning how to play these ATs, as I haven't played since the official servers were live.

1) the Macros/Binds for form-changing work, but they are not showing the powers in the main tray. Instead, I just get the 'extra powers' tray that pops up at the top. Is there any known way to fix/prevent this?

2) I understand that the way the form powers interact with some human powers has changed (ie. Shadow Bolt with Dark Nova Bolt), but I'm looking for a guide that explains exactly how they are now working so that I can slot them properly. Adding this information here, or at least point to another guide would be greatly beneficial.

People use the macro/binds because they don't like the popup power trays. I don't care. It saves me worrying about extra trays. I just bind the two shapechanges to a button using the keymapping page in options. I am left handed so have them on the right hand number keys as I have my mouse on the left and use the arrow keys to move around. But you can bind them to anything. I hit 1 and squid, and the nova powers appear in the top tray. 1 again and I'm human. 2 is dwarf, and if i click between the 2 I  go squid to lobster instantly. I also have the teleports on number pad keys. 

• Like 1

It's not the form powers themselves (Nova/Dwarf) that I have issues with. It's the powers that comes with them. I would rather that they show up in the main tray, rather than that pop-up tray (if that's even possible). The macros in this guide change from tray 1 to 4 (or 5, for Dwarf), but they are just empty trays.

In hindsight, I suppose that I could just add the powers to those trays. I was just seeing if there were alternatives.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:59 PM, Blaydsong said:

Glad it's helping hun! For your first point if you speak to Null the Gull in Pocket D he can remove the bar popping up for you ❤️ And for the second point just to clarify, do you mean how the two first attacks of Kheldians can be used in the different forms and it changes them slightly? I can defo add that yeah!

- Lauci x

19 hours ago, Laucianna said:

And for the second point just to clarify, do you mean how the two first attacks of Kheldians can be used in the different forms and it changes them slightly? I can defo add that yeah!

Yeah, just been trying to get clarification on how slotting enhancements works for the powers where they are separated between forms. Seems a little strange to enhance them twice.

13 minutes ago, Blaydsong said:

Yeah, just been trying to get clarification on how slotting enhancements works for the powers where they are separated between forms. Seems a little strange to enhance them twice.

The powers that are used in both forms like the eye beams in human and nova use the same enhancements, you don't need to slot them twice?

Sorry. I guess I'm not being very clear.

I know that the eye beam powers cross over (Ebon Eye, for WS), but the other powers are individual for each form (Shadow Bolt/Dark Nova Bolt; etc). These are the ones that I'm trying to sort out. 🙂