Lore Pets

Scarlet Shocker

There are so many Lore Pets - but they seem recently to being distilled into two specific types - Longbow Mechs and giant spiky blue things.

I've recently been using Warworks, and I find Victoria VI very disappointing - she often spends her time simply standing around doing sweet AF whilst I'm in the middle of fighting for my very existence; "you carry on guv, I'm just rolling a fag for later" (a difficult challenge given the extended razors she wears so ineffectively.)

I am beginning to suspect that the Lore is not equally applied to all - which is a terrible situation. If there are predominantly only two Lore types in common use it suggests to me they offer more combat effectiveness than others. That's a shame given the variety we have to pick from but also makes me wonder if there's a list from which we can glean the modal efficacy of their activities during combat.

In short, what Lore works, why and how do we know?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Cataphracts (Longbowe and the Ravagers (Banished Pantheon) have a lot of debuff power to them. If I remember right, they have -def/-res or -regen. It's been a minute.

EDIT: Its the -regen from Longbow, -res from BP

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Switch your pet window to advanced commands. While designed primarily for MM henchmen, the commands also work for Lore pets (they don't work for controller pets). Change the stance from Defensive (the default) to Aggressive. If you're fighting an AV or other hard target, switch to Attack My Target. 

Consult this sheet. Tab 1 has descriptions of all the Lore pets and their powers. Tab 2 has dps rankings, both ST and AoE.

Incarnate Lore Pets List - Google Sheets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

40 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

EDIT: Its the -regen from Longbow, -res from BP

It is also because the untouchable BP "support" pet is the only one of its type with attacks/debuffs that affect targets.  Cheating, big time, IMO since no other untouchable support pet can do the same.  Helps that Longbow support is basically coded to spam their powers, while half of the other support pets either straight up don't cast their buffs (Carnies Radial) or have powers with recharge in excess of four minutes, so if you are lucky you might get two activations in their 5min lifespan, but don't count on it.

Robotic Drones pack -Regen, btw.  There are others that also pack -Res.  Values on Longbow/BP are outsized by comparison, if memory serves.  The thing I like about the Drones is that if you summon them behind the AV, the assault drone stays there, keeping it out of cones.  They seem the best behaved for staying close to the player as well.

Was testing Demons just for kicks, and the support pet there *seems* active enough, but I cannot for the life of me understand why it only activates its toggle debuff for a few seconds, then shuts it off mid-combat, and maybe turns it on again between mobs.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

28 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Is there anywhere we can actually see this info?

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/powerset.html?pset=incarnate.lore

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

17 hours ago, Uun said:

Switch your pet window to advanced commands.

Is that under Options or what?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Is that under Options or what?

It's under Options on the Windows tab, as well as under Options on the Pet Window itself. 

• Thanks 1