I'm loving plant/ want advice on other sets to try

Greeg

When i played the original Coh my mains were an mm and a defender with others here and there but since returning I'm loving the holds and aoe dmg from the Plant/. Granted the dmg is poop but over time i can take down groups without too much stress. I want to try other archetypes with similar powers but i am struggling to find any, ive tried gravity and ill but not really enjoying them and i am willing to try anything really.

I've got a Plant/nature and a Plant/Storm the first is used more for grouping because of the healing it brings where Storm is more used for solo play, any advice is welcome am willing to try anything and other archetypes to have that aoe goodness.

Ohh yeah if anybody has any builds based on the Plant/ powers would love advice on the best way to go with a build, I'm mid 30's at the moment so gonna be a while untill i hit 50's.

I love most of the control sets with the possible exception of Grav and Ill... but I mostly play those with firm holds;Plant, Ice, Earth. One of my most fun chars on live was my Earth/Thermal who was rubbish to solo but invaluable in teams. I also had great results with Dark/Poison which seemed very tough for a troller, and did a lot of DPS - especially good in PVP if that's your thing.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Elec control has a confuse and sleep powers. It pairs well with /kin. Thematic wise, you could go Elec/elec dom. Mind is another with sleep and confuse. If you want other ATs with control aspects, you can to a default pick an AT where Dark/dark is an option, and go from there.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I absolutely love elec/.  The problems I have are that it takes an age to kill anything.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

I absolutely love elec/.  The problems I have are that it takes an age to kill anything.

I feel this statement deep in my soul right now. I keep telling myself to just get to 32 and get pets, then I can do away with Arcane Bolt, Sands of Mu, and Blackwand as my damage dealer.

I feel this statement deep in my soul right now. I keep telling myself to just get to 32 and get pets, then I can do away with Arcane Bolt, Sands of Mu, and Blackwand as my damage dealer.

I have a great suggestion on once you get the pets... Slot a Overwhelming Presence KB to KD into it.  I love it.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

I have a great suggestion on once you get the pets... Slot a Overwhelming Presence KB to KD into it.  I love it.

I will probably take that advice. This is the first time I've played Elec primary for controller/dom, I wasn't sure what to slot on the pets beyond the norm.

I will mention that I love their sleep power btw. All sleep powers should be like this.

Pick up the Nemesis Staff and the Sands of Mu power from the PW2 dealer.

The Staff is a range power and the Sands of Mu is melee that can hit more than one mob if you are position right.

Both do decent damage and should help with the putting mobs down.