Getting the most out of solo levelling using AE

dmaker

Hi all, pretty new to AE but thought I would check it out one day out of curiosity. I have a SS/Fire toon that I wanted to level quickly and use it eventually as an inf farmer to finance my other characters.  I'm not sure what missions I should be doing.

I have tried a handful, but it seems that I get more solo xp just grinding the level 1 missions that have buff bots and elite bosses. For example, Bads Backyard BBQ has 33 (I think) elite bosses on an easy map with a dozen or more buff bots that will follow you around and make it easy to defeat each boss. Basically you can't really die. Killing each one can be kind of slow because you don't have access to many powers. Probably just one early attack power and brawl. But you can also load up on the P2W powers giving you two extra melee and two extra ranged. These are good enough to whittle down the boss in not too long a time. If you have the double xp buff running (from P2W) you will get a ton of xp per boss. I got I think 7 levels off the start in one mission and even in my mid to low 30's I get roughly one level per mission. It's pretty boring, though, and I am not getting any salvage drops. But on another upside, you are not spending anything on SO's at any level. But it's boring and you are not learning anything about your character other than to spam a few low level or free p2w attacks. It's cheap, easy xp.

So then I got to level 35 that way and decided to slot in SO's and have some more fun. I did and then I ran a few Bloody Rainbows solo and had a blast. So much more fun. Not quite as much XP, but pretty close I think (not per mob, but you get a big chunk of xp when you finish the 5 missions for Bloody Rainbow), plus you will get salvage drops. The problem here is that you will still level pretty quickly and changing out SO's every 5 levels is going to suck a bit.

Those are the two methods that I have been using to try to level quickly. Are there better?

Which missions are the best for farming inf? I may have to do a few of those to fund my SO's every 5 levels and will certainly need to when I want to try and get end game IOs. I have about 15 million right now across all my characters. Definitely not enough to end game IO even one character.

Thanks

Stop buying SOs. If you have your late game build planned go buy the cheaper stuff that you already have the slots for attuned. For the rest make level 25 or 30 IOs. Keep at the bloody rainbows and add attuned stuff as slots and money allow.

Definitely stop buying SOs. Scan the auction house for cheap attuned IOs that will scale up to 50, mostly ignoring the fact that they're "sets" and picking them for their basic enhancement values: three damage/accuracy ios from three different sets won't complete any set bonuses, but they were GOOD set bonuses the IOs wouldn't be this cheap, and they will give you more damage AND accuracy in 3 slots than SOs, without becoming obsolete in a few short levels.

I've looked at IOs but they are usually anywhere from 4 - 10,000,000 each, I think. Going to need to generate some more inf if I'm looking to buy a bunch of those.

Or am I maybe looking at the wrong thing? That's possible. I find IOs confusing.

I've looked at IOs but they are usually anywhere from 4 - 10,000,000 each, I think. Going to need to generate some more inf if I'm looking to buy a bunch of those.

Or am I maybe looking at the wrong thing? That's possible. I find IOs confusing.

You can always just start by crafting a set of lvl 25 common IOs. They are about equivalent to SOs and don’t become ineffective as you level. They always retain their full effectiveness. I started slotting them late 20s.  Costs a few million to fill out your slots. Plus you will eventually memorize recipes and it will become even cheaper. Level 25 Common IOs are the way to go for leveling if you don’t have an idea about end builds or don’t have lots of influence.

Thank you for the advice. Would you know a good tutorial for crafting that you might recommend?

Go to the university in Steel Canyon. There is a contact in there that puts you through a short tutorial and explains how to craft. It even has you craft an IO at the end of it.

In short, to craft a common IO you need the following:

-worktable (the university has these)

-the recipe for the IO you want to craft (have to have one for each IO you create. You can buy these directly from the worktable or the auction house. They also drop as loot.

-invention salvage. Drops as loot or you can buy from auction house.

-Influence/infamy.

When you have all necessary elements it will give you the option to create the enhancement at which point it drops into your enhancement inventory.

Here is the info on the memorization badges. Once you memorize a set of IOs they appear under a “memorized recipes” drop down list when you click on the worktable. You no longer need recipes for these and their influence cost is also reduced.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Memorization_Badges

Once you have the badges, use level 25 IOs and sell level 30 IOs. This will easily generate enough startup influence to where you can move onto straight farming.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."