Colorblind options?

NeoVid

I couldn't find a specific colorblind feature, but what may help is you can change the window UI border color, which may permit a better separation between the health bar on top and the end bar just below it, (unless you're playing a brute, dominator, or sentinel, who have an additional resource bar).  You can also choose to see character health bars above the actual character models themselves, which may be of some use.

Top bar is Health the lower bar is End. You don’t have to see the colors to distinguish the two.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

There was a topic back around halloween that was hoping for some colorblind options since the banner event is basically ran by color.  I dont think there are any graphics tweaks that we have ingame right now to help.

Another option you do have in addition to the health bars over characters and the its your problem, deal with it,  mentioned above is to add health and endurance to the attributes you are monitoring.  They will show in a box that you can move around the screen - i put mine just under my characters feet.  It doesnt show as bars but it does give numerical values so there wouldnt be confusion to which is which.

And worth mentioning if your friend doesnt already know,  there are colorblind glasses now that can give a large amount of color differentiation to people with color blindness.  The ones im looking at are from a company called enchroma.  They seem pricey at $300+ but might help.  Im not colorblind so i cant speak to their effectiveness myself although i have seen a news program a while ago that was putting the glasses on colorblind people and they did appear to be impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

There was a topic back around halloween that was hoping for some colorblind options since the banner event is basically ran by color.  I dont think there are any graphics tweaks that we have ingame right now to help.

Another option you do have in addition to the health bars over characters and the its your problem, deal with it,  mentioned above is to add health and endurance to the attributes you are monitoring.  They will show in a box that you can move around the screen - i put mine just under my characters feet.  It doesnt show as bars but it does give numerical values so there wouldnt be confusion to which is which.

And worth mentioning if your friend doesnt already know,  there are colorblind glasses now that can give a large amount of color differentiation to people with color blindness.  The ones im looking at are from a company called enchroma.  They seem pricey at $300+ but might help.  Im not colorblind so i cant speak to their effectiveness myself although i have seen a news program a while ago that was putting the glasses on colorblind people and they did appear to be impressed.

Adding the text to the bars would be a nice option. I would rather it be an option rather than a universal change to the bars though. I prefer my bars textless.

And for reference, here's a sample with the hp/end bar visible above the character, as well as the combat attributes for both:

hp & end bar sample1.jpg

*Note - You can place the combat attributes window pretty much wherever you want, but the HP/END bars are fixed in their location.

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1