Hmmm Which MM should I go?

Daihok

For pvp I’ve watched people have great success with necro poison

For pve it’s hard to beat demons/thermal I’m finding for general av killing. It does have a pretty hefty psi hole but you have hefty healing that is cheap as all hell to spam

Pvp I find trick arrow to be the king. It's good in Pve as well, but very tricky to use effectively. The EMP arrow has a -regen on it, but the cooldown is too long to maintain that.

/Dark is just an amazing power for MM, but it's not the best at killing AVs. The trick to AV killing is -regen and darks -regen is on a long cooldown. Also, Dark is not the best at PvP as well since its about CC and players will have more res than a "MM CC" can bypass and the high movement of players makes it difficult to land CC.

Thermal is a good all around secondary for Demons. It also has the -Regen, but Melt Armor is pretty meh on AVs. As long as there is no time limit and you can survive the initial engage/adds then Thermal wont have any issues, but winning any DPS awards probably won't happen.

If you want a secondary that's just good at everything, time is the way to go.

If you want a secondary good at AV killing then poison/traps.

If you want a secondary good at PvP then Trick Arrow.

For AVs?

Robots / Dark = huge amounts of -regen and debuffs from both Big Bot's plasma guns and the Dark Rez. THe -to hit also works well with Bots' defense.

the -regen in bots/dark is actually small. you don't start to see a noticeable regen decrease unless you stack twilights grasp a few times.

remember that -regen works exactly the same as mez resists. example - 100% mez resists will reduce the time you are mezzed by 10%. it's the same formula for -regen.

so -150% regen is only a 15% nuke to regen rate. only poison trap actually shuts regen off at 1000%

the -tohit buffs are doing less than you think as you ramp difficulty up. google the purple patch for more details.

For AVs?

Robots / Dark = huge amounts of -regen and debuffs from both Big Bot's plasma guns and the Dark Rez. THe -to hit also works well with Bots' defense.

the -regen in bots/dark is actually small. you don't start to see a noticeable regen decrease unless you stack twilights grasp a few times.

remember that -regen works exactly the same as mez resists. example - 100% mez resists will reduce the time you are mezzed by 10%. it's the same formula for -regen.

so -150% regen is only a 15% nuke to regen rate. only poison trap actually shuts regen off at 1000%

the -tohit buffs are doing less than you think as you ramp difficulty up. google the purple patch for more details.

Very respectfully, Bots/Dark has some excellent -Regen:

Howling Twilight is up every 90 seconds with basic IOs and has -500% Regen.

Assault Bot has two Plasma Beam attack, each with -500% Regen that last for 30 seconds and stack. That's -1000% Regen from him.

-1500% total.

Not saying Traps isn't an AV killer, it is, and it's a fantastic recommendation. But Bots/Dark has had a great reputation for tackling AVs as well.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

For AVs?

Very respectfully, Bots/Dark has some excellent -Regen:

Howling Twilight is perma with basic IOs and has -500% Regen.

Assault Bot has two Plasma Beam attack, each with -500% Regen that last for 30 seconds and stack. That's -1000% Regen from him.

-1500% total.

Not saying Traps isn't an AV killer, it is, and it's a fantastic recommendation. But Bots/Dark has had a great reputation for tackling AVs as well.

I always forget about howling twilight. I haven't personally played /dark since cov launched it was my first mm. necro/dark. I am tempted to play it again it was a helluva combo for not just dropping av's but general gameplay.

that being said the -regen portion of howling twilight lasts 30 seconds (as taken from the in game tooltip). I don't think it's possible to get enough recharge on an mm to make that -regen permanent.

edit: yup you would need 300% recharge. at 257% the cooldown is 41 seconds. still not bad. expensive though.

Ninja/kin and Tsoo Lore pets

Then make your character look exactly like your pets and swarm with the quickness giving your enemies wrist damage during PVP as they tab through everyone they think is you frantically.

Rumblebee (Excelsior)

Ninja/kin and Tsoo Lore pets

Then make your character look exactly like your pets and swarm with the quickness giving your enemies wrist damage during PVP as they tab through everyone they think is you frantically.

I do this with thugs and gangs.  There's another trick to this too that also makes it more confusing too...

As usual everyone seems to forget about /cold.  Some of the best debuffs in the game for taking out an AV.  Great defense ice shields for your pets.  Would take bots/cold over the usual boring bots/FF anyday.

But even bots/cold was a bit too boring for my taste so I went bots/storm. :)

As usual everyone seems to forget about /cold.  Some of the best debuffs in the game for taking out an AV.  Great defense ice shields for your pets.  Would take bots/cold over the usual boring bots/FF anyday.

But even bots/cold was a bit too boring for my taste so I went bots/storm. :)

I will second that Bots/Cold is also terrific. MM now has the minimum FX option. Lacks Dispersion Bubble, but that's mostly fixed at the Incarnate level. In trade you get stealth and great debuffs, some resists  Still needs Medicine IMO. Oh, and Power Boost isn't necessary with Cold, so feel free to check out other Pools.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Was wondering for AV,s and maybe even pvp which would be better demon/dark or demon/thermal?

/traps -> poison trap is pretty much an "I win" button for PVP & it's a hard target buster that neuters regen rates with some of the only unresistable -regen debuffs available to players