Was Beast Master Mind Nerfed

Kimurakimako

Iast Night I was running  48 missions at +1 with 2 payers with no problem as I have pus 3 enhancements.  This morning I somehow forgot how to pIay as I had to drop down to -1 as a soIo and was stiII getting owned.   Did you nerf the most under pIayed master mind in the game?

• Game Master
12 minutes ago, Kimurakimako said:

Iast Night I was running  48 missions at +1 with 2 payers with no problem as I have pus 3 enhancements.  This morning I somehow forgot how to pIay as I had to drop down to -1 as a soIo and was stiII getting owned.   Did you nerf the most under pIayed master mind in the game?

As far as I'm aware they are still as potent as ever. We certainly haven't done anything to them in months.

Weird then.   I got dropped so many times in a mission my debt had debt and was borrowing against its sociaI security.  Iast night I was running against a orange to purpIe and with eIite bosses easiIIy.  Today I fear greens.    I wiII test it aII day to see if it was just the mission chain.   Some cIasses are weak to certain missions.  Maybe thats it.

I'd hardly call Beasts the most underused MM in the game, at least not on Everlasting. But I have been playing my Beast/Rad MM lately and haven't noticed anything exceptionally wrong with her, but then again I rarely solo. I helped someone duo the Maria Jenkins arc at basic settings (I was level 36ish being sidekicked to a 50) and my MM was doing rather well. I made use of Fortify Pack at key moments to make sure my beasts stayed up.

As far as I know, beasts are still just as durable and potent, as GM Crumpet mentioned. It could be various factors--toggles not on (god knows how many times I've forgotten to turn my toggles back on); enemy type/level; what secondary you have/how you're playing it; if you're playing with SOs, have they expired?; is it you? e.g., having a bad day, forgetting to use certain abilities,, etc. etc. So it's kind of hard to estimate why you seem to be having a sudden issue with your MM, though I highly doubt it's the primary itself since it hasn't been messed with and Beasts are actually a pretty strong set with quite a bit of baked in defense.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

• Game Master

I've just done a few missions for Tina MacIntyre at +3/2 level 42 and had little problem. I'm beast/dark, so do have some stealth and healing, plus some holds. Before that I did Hro Dotz and had little trouble. I do have sets slotted where I can, I have the MM ATO's in my tier 2 and 3 pets and a recharge intensive pet set in the tier 1.

• Like 1

Different pIayfied.   My toon is normaIIy in tunneIs fighting Ricti but these 3 missions were open fieId missions.   My pets couId not controI aggroe.  II never worried about the number of opponents as my pets coud dea with the mobs quickly.  I have been testing it since and back to +1 with no issues in missions where the aggroe rate is controIIed.   So I found my character weakness finaIIy.   I am Beast/Nature.  So i spent aII of my horded reward points to upgrade.    

1 hour ago, Kimurakimako said:

Different pIayfied.   My toon is normaIIy in tunneIs fighting Ricti but these 3 missions were open fieId missions.   My pets couId not controI aggroe.  II never worried about the number of opponents as my pets coud dea with the mobs quickly.  I have been testing it since and back to +1 with no issues in missions where the aggroe rate is controIIed.   So I found my character weakness finaIIy.   I am Beast/Nature.  So i spent aII of my horded reward points to upgrade.    

Do you have Entangling Aura? That should make some difference in being able to allow your beasts to safely attack mobs on you. Are you controlling your minions or letting them run wild? Beasts are like ninjas in their ability to run about and aggro an entire map, so they do require some micromanagement.

I haven't personally played a Beasts/Nature, but I would think with nature's abilities and Entangling Aura, combined with keeping your pets to attacking only the mobs in range of your EA, you should be okay even in an open map setting. And, of course, making sure you're slotted even with basic IO's.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

• Game Master

I never liked Nature. It's a bit "meh" for me. I favour things like Time, thermal and Dark. Kinetics is also a good one.

As for open areas, that can get very messy very quickly. I try to hang back if I can anyway, and if it looks like it's going sideways fast I'll book it out of there leaving my pets to their fate. And that's on all Masterminds. Even on +1/0 you can get too many mobs on you at once with the way the pets chase runners and aggro everything in a one mile radius.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beast/Traps here. I typically run at +2-3/x4. Open areas with spawns close together are definitely problematic. I park the pets using the goto command then pull the foes back to that location to avoid picking up adds from nearby spawns. Also, I find that factions with things that explode (i.e., Nemesis Jaegers) tend to take out the pets quickly if they're close together.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

On 3/1/2023 at 1:54 PM, Kimurakimako said:

I do not have entangIing vines yet.  But i wiII be respeccing to fix that.   I was using freeze for crowd controI but the pets make that hard.   I do Iive direct my pets but they stiII bring the worId

I feel like you'll notice a positive difference after you get Entangling Aura. Even if extra mobs come into you, you'll have a chance of holding them and keeping them from being devastating.