Animus Arcana MM

So I love the look of the Animus Arcana in night ward, so here is my idea of them as a mastermind set.

Arcane Cantrip (Minor ranged)

Summon Physical Arcana: Summons a Sword, Mace and Spear to assault your enemies!

Arcane Blast (moderate ranged attack)

Fortify Summons (upgrade#1)

Arcane Flash (pbaoe damage, -per, -acc)

Summon Forbidden Knowledge: Summons 2 Tomes of forbidden knowledge to attack your foes!

Invoke the elements(gang war clone): You summon Lightning Storm, Fireball, Cloud of Ice, and a Ball of Light elementals to harry your foes. These arcane constructs are wild and only partially under your control. Additionally the difficulty of bringing them forth from the elemental plains means they will only exist for a short time before dissipating back from whence they came. 

Summon Counter Spell: Bring forth a powerful sentient spell to fight for you!

Summon Details

Summoned Sword: Level 1 - Hack, Level 2  - Slash Level 3 - Whirling Sword

Summoned forbidden Knowledge: Level 1 - Dark Blast, Gloom, Level 2 - Life Drain,  Fearsome Stare, Level 3 - Torrent, Tenebracious Tentacles

Summoned Counter Spell: Level 1 - Shriek, Scream, Level 2 - Howl, Sonic Barrier, Level 3 - Sonic Dispersion, Shout, Dreadful Wail(weaker than PC)

Summoned Elementals: 

Lightning Storm -  Lightning Bolt 

Fireball - Fire Bolt

Cloud of Ice - Ice Bolt

Ball of Light - Surge of light(heal)

The art Assets already exist, so it would really be a matter of balancing power and effects. Also, don't know if its possible, but if it is, maybe the player could choose which models of the sword, mace, and spears, since we can do that already. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to see some MMs from Preatoria too.  I'm kind of surprised the original devs never did this.  Preatorian Clockworks for Robotics, Resistance for Mercenaries, maybe the Syndicate for Thugs or Ninjas.  Seems like an obvious palette swap.  Not true MM customization, just some additional power sets for MMs.

Edited by gameboy1234
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I'd like to see some MMs from Preatoria too.  I'm kind of surprised the original devs never did this.

The reason that relatively few MM sets were developed on Live was supposedly they they required significantly more work that other kinds of powersets, so they were an uneconomic use of dev time.  Nowadays there's more driving pressure from 'a dev wants to work on this', so I'm hoping that we'll see some new sets at some point

I really love the idea of an Animus Arcana set.  They're look so great, it's a shame they're tucked away in Night Ward and don't get much use. 

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

The reason that relatively few MM sets were developed on Live was supposedly they they required significantly more work that other kinds of powersets, so they were an uneconomic use of dev time.  Nowadays there's more driving pressure from 'a dev wants to work on this', so I'm hoping that we'll see some new sets at some point

I really love the idea of an Animus Arcana set.  They're look so great, it's a shame they're tucked away in Night Ward and don't get much use. 

Did you have any thoughts on how I set it up? Technically the vorpal sword is a boss, so more like tier 2 or 3, but I liked the setup of melee minions, ranged Lts, and a boss with more variety in power. I did all four elementals as a gang war clone because it was one of the easier ways to get all of them without a selection type subpower like pistols has. I assumed that the details of the summons would be tweaked,so I figured start them out at a more reasonable level and power them up from there. 

The T1, T2, and T3 pets should all be lieutenants. Minions won't survive anything, especially if a T1 pet at -2 levels. Bosses are a bit too strong. However, I just figured you intended for lieutenant versions of the animus arcana for the MM primary summons. Keeping the Invoke the Elements as minion strength spells however, is both appropriate and in keeping with precedent (Gang War).

(And this is probably the only arcane set I would be in favor of. Since you are summoning living spells, having the MM's inherent attacks retain arcane names fits the theme. I gotta do some mental gymnastics to figure out how my tech or science MM does it, but if it were to be implemented, I'd figure something out when I tried the set.)

On the melee minions, I'd consider giving them a shield also.  Just a weapon floating in the air might feel a little insubstantial.  Also perhaps a graphics options to give them "bodies", just one of the spell effects, so that they're easier to see on screen.  I can see players getting confused about where the weapon minions are, which might make it harder to control them.