Cloning Hero and Archvillain builds

BazookaTwo

So a fun mids exercise I did last night. 

1. Look up the powers for a big baddie in game. 
  2. Think about what Archetype they might be, given those powers. 
  3. Pop open mids and try to build a decent clone using all the same powers.

Anyone else done this? Some you cannot get close to the correct power picks on any AT, but that's where this gets creative. 

Scirocco is an Elec/Storm/fire Corruptor, disappointing that if you want his sword moves, you have to skip Mu Mastery. 

Ghost Widow is difficult, but Dark/Dark/Soul Corruptor will get you close. 

Mako is a Claws/SR/Leviathan Stalker. 

Black Scorpion is a Super Strength/Invulnerability/Mace build. 

Etc. 

• Like 2

Not that I find the original CoX writing bad, but generally when I create heroes for myself, I prefer ones with an original identity, and I don't seek to replicate other people's works. Sometimes I draw inspiration from artworks (as many do) but I usually give it a unique and very differentiating twist along with its own unique identity. 

However, I did when I was younger enjoy creating some characters with themes that were closely related to CoX characters. One however, was the Praetorian variation, Shalice Tilman. I got lucky with the name, and actually was able to get Shalice Tilman as a name on HC before it was "dinged" and I was forced to change it. The idea behind it was basically my imagination of what Shalice would look like and be like without merging with Aurora Borealis. Shalice was rather easy, she had no use for FF in Praetoria, as evidenced by the Aurora Borealis version, so Mind/Psionic Dominator made sense. I gave her black and purple hair, along with a medium purple outfit. 

Lord Recluse I imagine is one of the hardest ones to actually make a character for. The closest fitting one would probably actually be a Crab Soldier, but I think they're still very far off from being close enough to relate to him in a sincere way.

• Like 1

Back in the Live days, I had a Dark/Dark/Soul Corruptor named Seraphim Chanter. He was one of GW's folks, and the story was that he was, in his own way, just as devoted to her as his fellow Elysion red-sider Grey Kestrel was to Scir... To the point that I never did the later patron missions with him. (In Chanter's roleplayed personal canon, even though he no longer works directly for her or for Arachnos, he and Belladonna parted company as allies. He never did that "Let Daos talk me into betraying you"-thing, so she had no reason to get crabby with him.)

When I made the character, I'd picked his power sets to intentionally mimic hers. I think it ended up working pretty well. His being a (mostly) living necromancer rather than a ghost was enough to cover explaining the differences.

My Oranbegan Death Mages are typically DarkityDarkDark Defenders, which works out pretty well, too.... Although I've gone in (very) odd directions with a couple. Oddballs don't seem out of place to me when it comes to having a whole civilization made of magi. There are always going to be people who just don't follow the rules. 😄

• Like 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 3/18/2023 at 12:56 AM, Zeraphia said:

Not that I find the original CoX writing bad, but generally when I create heroes for myself, I prefer ones with an original identity, and I don't seek to replicate other people's works. Sometimes I draw inspiration from artworks (as many do) but I usually give it a unique and very differentiating twist along with its own unique identity. 

You miss my point, as I'm only talking about the build, not recreating the character concept. 

In my head I think it would be neat to make a build close to an AV and then try to defeat said AV.