What can heroes and villains do together for RP in CoH?

Lord Evilness

I've been looking around on the internet for a good bit and I can't seem to think of anything heroes and villains can do together for fun. I was wondering if there was anything along those lines (I'm asking because I recently found a nemesis! 🎉) It doesn't have to be a hero and a villain setting their differences aside to do something that benefits both of them (like stop a world-ending threat), but more like Doctor Doofenshmirtz being chill with Perry, or when Flash had a talk with Trickster at the bar.

This is probably gonna get a mixed reaction and I wouldn't claim to be the most knowledgeable about the isms of comic books.

But the only time I see heroes and villains breaking bread together is when they're breaking beds together,  of you catch my meaning. 

Otherwise it's purely a situational marriage of convenience. 

Outside of that...

Hey I mean there's only so many vacation spots in the world. Maybe the bump into each other at a beachside resort in Thailand and put their beef aside for a few days. I guess this would be really dependent on the types of characters they are but I'm guessing this isn't a Darkseid vs. Superman relationship or you wouldn't be asking. 

• Like 1

I mean in-game you can do anything together. 

Hang out in a base together. Hangout in the city's togethers, do mishens together meet up a clubs, pocket D or any of the rpg clubs.  

There are a few restaurant bases you could meet at. The in game dance studio the college basses parks.  

If needed you can make up a evil lab or use one of the abandoned labs in the game. There is one in the warf if you want to be in a no Npc zone.  

Really any rp you to want to do you can do. And I wish you luck

• Like 2

Wow this is a short list the two posters above me covered it all really. Building on what they said for my hero /villains ingame hangouts  public/private sg clubs like AfterHours or when I feel like a jaunt I head to Praetoria and call it europe make my own fun YMMV.

17 hours ago, kito said:

Really any rp you to want to do you can do. And I wish you luck

18 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

But the only time I see heroes and villains breaking bread together is when they're breaking beds together,  if you catch my meaning. 

FTW! Happens in many comicbooks and shows even in forum writing 😉 

Edited by American Valor
  • Like 2

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

Like others have posted, I think there are many good opportunities for social interaction between hero and villain characters, and even more so now that you have a nemesis.

In my personal experience, I have had many great discussions and sessions over the years between characters from different and opposing “moral” factions.

Obviously, if Player A has a purely law- and justice driven character unwilling to even consider that other factors could be relevant, and if Player B has a purely “evil” character eating babies for breakfast and torturing old ladies for fun, it may be difficult for those two to find much common social ground let alone mutual “fun”, but from the player OOC perspective it could still be fun for such characters to say meet in PD and exchange “banter”, particularly if it is done in a civilized manner.

For me, the best interactions come with characters that have more depth and complexity to their personalities than just being purely good or evil. It’s like the old saying that every villain is the hero of their own story/narrative, and sometimes a villainous character may do something that is legally and morally unacceptable to a heroic character, but the villainous character may have a motivation for their actions that the heroic character can somehow relate to. As an example that I guess many people may on some level relate to, the Angela Biwaban protagonist in J. F. Trainor’s books served time in prison for embezzling corporate funds that she took for the purpose of raising money for her dying mother’s operation. That doesn’t make what she did right but it becomes more “morally” relatable than if she had say robbed a family corner shop to finance a luxury cruise.

Running a storyline with some sort of dimension akin to this might work well with a nemesis. I had a fun story exchange with @Sabrehawk with their character abducting homeless people and my Lady Cobra trying to stop it. When they finally met face to face in PD Emily was quite nervous about how it would go, but it was a very civil discussion and ended with them actually finding a mutually acceptable non-confrontational solution (good for Lady Cobra – she would very likely not have survived a violent confrontation) and also developed a certain level of mutual respect, with Sabrehawk even helping Emily in subsequent perilous circumstances.

Also, the many cross-faction interactions over the years has  changed Lady Cobra’s own moral compass and what she is willing to do, as she has become more accepting of sometimes resorting to more “vigilante” methods when she finds a goal sufficiently important and she sees no other way to achieve it, like for instance using hard intimidation tactics or even (threat of) violence when she saw it as the only way to rescue a shipment of trafficked girls from her homeland.

So a cross-faction interaction or series thereof may also change how your character sees the world and behaves/reacts.

Apologies for the wall of text – but I really think you have many good possibilities to explore some fun scenarios with your new nemesis and/or other opposing faction characters.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

I think the notion of heroes and villains doing things together "for fun" in-game would either require some underlying circumstance or preexisting understanding.  For instance, if both parties are morally grey, or at least one isn't outright evil, then it is much easier to explain how they could socialize without things immediately escalating into violence.  It could also be that both parties defer to someone else, who through superior ability or for some other reason, compels them to get along.  If the more heroic character is very easygoing to begin with, and the villainous one is mostly harmless, then it again is very easy to explain why the two could get along more easily.

• Like 1