Bosses con as LTs.

d4verman

In a mission I'm trying to build I noticed that the bosses I set up for boss fights con as LTs when I try it out. That and man, they are too easy to beat even though they shouldn't be. I'm wondering if that is because my villain alts are masterminds and the minions just overwhelm the enemies. (It makes me wonder if MMs are a little OP?)

I'm wary about making them elite bosses because then they might be TOO strong. But as LTs they are way too squishy. 

48 minutes ago, d4verman said:

I'm confused, I did not see a setting for that.

Bubble next to your chat has a notoriety setting.  (Or walk up to a Hero Corp Field Analyst and tell them you want to fight bosses when soloing)

It's not an AE setting

@lemming's right. The player's settings will determine how they con. If you want to make sure a Boss shows up as that, you can place an EB as the "Boss" objective, and then, on default level (which is where I test everything on mine), the player will get a boss. It seems to con one level down. If you think about it, it makes sense, since custom power selections can be a bit tougher anyway, for standard toons. That said, I always assume AE'ers are running with strong characters, and can handle a the challenge. Isn't always the case, though. On the whole, if I can handle a tough combat using Insps, I feel like it's a fair fight. 

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

6 hours ago, lemming said:

Bubble next to your chat has a notoriety setting.  (Or walk up to a Hero Corp Field Analyst and tell them you want to fight bosses when soloing)

It's not an AE setting

Thanks again. I ran a test play on what I have and the bosses were bosses! It was actually a decent fight now instead of just being able to roll over them!

• Thumbs Up 1