Super Strength in the new world

Snarky

Things have changed, and for the better, in our new world.  You can take a travel power without a wasted power choice  The fitness pool is free.  Was that live 23?  I forget

Sooo. The art of smash.  I am wondering what attacks I should take.  I never take hand clap or hurl.  Personal preference. I am taking both the tier 1 and tier 2 a luxury I think I never got before.  Is the fighting pool worth investing in beyond the one attack necessary to open up tough and weave?  They look fun but are they efficient?  I am not talking super optimal but I just do. It want to I. Eat in dogs.  I have one character with the last fighting cone. I have not run it much but never seem to hit more than one.  And I run a lot of Dark Melee so I can land a crap cone in combat at least 1/3 time it presents itself. 

Any hints chats or thoughts are welcome.  I run SS on both Will and Invul. It this is about a SS/Invul if it matters. Obviously I cannot invest in leadership toggles like a will brute might be able to.  So maybe it does matter

Things have changed, and for the better, in our new world.  You can take a travel power without a wasted power choice  The fitness pool is free.  Was that live 23?  I forget

Sooo. The art of smash.  I am wondering what attacks I should take.  I never take hand clap or hurl.  Personal preference. I am taking both the tier 1 and tier 2 a luxury I think I never got before.  Is the fighting pool worth investing in beyond the one attack necessary to open up tough and weave?  They look fun but are they efficient?  I am not talking super optimal but I just do. It want to I. Eat in dogs.  I have one character with the last fighting cone. I have not run it much but never seem to hit more than one.  And I run a lot of Dark Melee so I can land a crap cone in combat at least 1/3 time it presents itself. 

Any hints chats or thoughts are welcome.  I run SS on both Will and Invul. It this is about a SS/Invul if it matters. Obviously I cannot invest in leadership toggles like a will brute might be able to.  So maybe it does matter

Fitness pool being inherent at level two or so was in the live game before Sunset, yes.

Tier 1 and 2 can be pretty great for brutes, as they help build fury quickly instead of losing some momentum.

Hand Clap I don't like, either. Hurl is a nice ranged attack but you can get other ranged attacks (like sorcery's attack) instead.

With Dark Melee you have to be willing to move around and keep an eye on where everything is located. It's fun to have a mob targeted, run to the mobs behind/next to/in front of that mob and hit like 3-5 all at once. I do miss the glory of pulling like 20-30 mobs around a corner and hitting them all but eh that was too much.

Tough and Weave *do* help, I find. I'm not sure how well they work on /Invuln. With SS, though, the Rage crash currently causes an unavoidable -20 defense debuff for a few seconds (10? I forget) that makes life with Rage a bit hard, and the extra toggles might be helpful.

Don't forget in this new world as well you can slot a KB to KD IO into handclap so mobs no longer are getting scattered.  Still may not be worth taking to a lot of people, but it is potentially marginally more useful now than it used to be.  During leveling up at least, I think it'd be something I'd consider now myself.

Tough and Weave *do* help, I find. I'm not sure how well they work on /Invuln. With SS, though, the Rage crash currently causes an unavoidable -20 defense debuff for a few seconds (10? I forget) that makes life with Rage a bit hard, and the extra toggles might be helpful.

Tough is quite valuable for an Invuln Brute, as it makes it much easier to cap S/L (if this is a design goal).

Weave is a boon to any set that has, or wishes to pursue, defense.  It may be -less- valuable on a Superstrength character, as Superstrength's crash devalues the impact of +DEF.  However, if you are otherwise softcapped, -20 DEF is a still reasonably sturdy 25% DEF.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

My most powerful live character was Hardcastle, an SS/Inv Brute.

I used Tough and Weave and Hasten, had Hover and Fly. Went Hero to Vigilante so I could grab Superior Conditioning from Energy Mastery.

I soft capped her positional defenses when fighting 3 or more targets (Thanks, Invincibility!) and fighting 2 or less I obviously didn't -need- softcap thanks to my high resistance values. Add Incarnates on the top? She became utterly impossible to kill outside of the Incarnate Trials, and even then she was always the last to go down unless a stalker placated themselves out.

All in all, SS/Inv can be one of the most visually and mechanically rewarding powerset combos.

• Like 1