Different pairings with Illusion?

Azernak0

On 3/29/2023 at 10:17 AM, Uun said:

I'll second Poison and I'll add Time to the list. Chrono Shift really helps in achieving perma PA.

Interesting. I've got a quick question about Illusion/Time. I'm not super familiar with Controllers; I've played a Plant/Fire Dom and I've poked around with different Illusion toons but never all the way through to Phantom Army and I know absolutely nothing about Time. I have an Illusion/Time concept that I really want to go with (pulling past and future versions of yourself to help in a fight, that kind of thing) and I was curious about their synergy (or lack thereof).

Are there any decent Time guides out there? I don't mean just generic sample builds but a breakdown of the various powers, their strengths and weaknesses, what to skip, consider and absolutely take, etc? I haven't been able to find any but admittedly my search-fu is a bit weak.

2 hours ago, Story Archer said:

Interesting. I've got a quick question about Illusion/Time. I'm not super familiar with Controllers; I've played a Plant/Fire Dom and I've poked around with different Illusion toons but never all the way through to Phantom Army and I know absolutely nothing about Time. I have an Illusion/Time concept that I really want to go with (pulling past and future versions of yourself to help in a fight, that kind of thing) and I was curious about their synergy (or lack thereof).

Are there any decent Time guides out there? I don't mean just generic sample builds but a breakdown of the various powers, their strengths and weaknesses, what to skip, consider and absolutely take, etc? I haven't been able to find any but admittedly my search-fu is a bit weak.

Time Crawl: Standard ST debuff I save for harder targets. An Acc and some procs if you got room for any. 

Temporal Mending: A nice PBAoE Heal. I went Preventive Medicine for the recharge

Time's Juncture: A nice size PBAoE toggle. I use it for the debuff and slow. 4-slot Dark Watchers.

Temporal Selection: Stick a Heal proc in it. 

Distortion Field: The chance to hold is low, as it is mainly used as a slow. I skipped it on my Fire/time due to already having two Slows. I can see muling it for the +Recharge.

Time Stop: Another way to get a hold. Offers some -regen. I use it and Time Crawl and on EBs/AVs and try to convince myself Time has decent -regen.

Farsight: 'Nuff said. Slot it for Defense.

Slowed Response: The token -Def -Res power. If you have room for it, it takes procs. 

Chrono Shift: You need 200% or so global recharge to get it perma. I've seen a number of different ways slot this. I did 5-dlot Panacea.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Story Archer said:

it'll work well.

PA are damage immune pets, that on the controller version (not on dom version) taunt.

so you can place them to absorb mob aggro, take alpha hits which entirely do nothing to them, etc.

you want recharge on illusion, so to make PA permanent as a primary goal. recast replaces existing entities, but having recharge down so that once they expire you can immediately replace them --> gives you taunting bouncers. and thats great.

the fear pet is likewise immune, and just sits and casts fear cones with a -tohit component. again, v nice, and that ones easily perma/overlapping, allowing you to re-place it frequently.

time brings chrono shift, which will assist you (and team, not pets) with recharge globally, and heal them aswell.

the aoe heal is decent and has a heal over time bolted on.

you have farsight - which buffs sustain, and perception.

you have a chance to hold bubble you can place.

all in all, time is nice.

spacer.png

Figs - time manipulator

15 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Time Crawl: Standard ST debuff I save for harder targets. An Acc and some procs if you got room for any. 

Temporal Mending: A nice PBAoE Heal. I went Preventive Medicine for the recharge

Time's Juncture: A nice size PBAoE toggle. I use it for the debuff and slow. 4-slot Dark Watchers.

Temporal Selection: Stick a Heal proc in it. 

Distortion Field: The chance to hold is low, as it is mainly used as a slow. I skipped it on my Fire/time due to already having two Slows. I can see muling it for the +Recharge.

Time Stop: Another way to get a hold. Offers some -regen. I use it and Time Crawl and on EBs/AVs and try to convince myself Time has decent -regen.

Farsight: 'Nuff said. Slot it for Defense.

Slowed Response: The token -Def -Res power. If you have room for it, it takes procs. 

Chrono Shift: You need 200% or so global recharge to get it perma. I've seen a number of different ways slot this. I did 5-dlot Panacea.

You missed one power... Power Boost... although technically not a part of /Time, it's the best power to use right before Farsight and IMO should always be taken.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

@Story Archer, I think @Without_Pause has it covered. I skipped Temporal Selection on my Ill/Time but took it on my Fire/Time corruptor. My philosophy with Chrono Shift is to slot it with two 50+5 recharge IOs, then use Power Boost before casting to buff the heal. (I refresh Farsight and Chrono Shift at the same time.) I've attached my build, which has perma PA, Hasten and Chrono Shift. At some point I'll swap the Malaise's Illusions in Deceive for Coercive Persuasion, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Uuntouchable - Controller (Illusion Control).mbd

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

6 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

A lockdown chance for hold proc isn't bad on it and actually seems to proc more often than the hold in the power itself.  Although that could somewhat be because it is more visible with the proc's tesla cage hold fx, so I just notice it more.  

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

A lockdown chance for hold proc isn't bad on it and actually seems to proc more often than the hold in the power itself.  Although that could somewhat be because it is more visible with the proc's tesla cage hold fx, so I just notice it more.  

CoD seems a bit confusing in it as there are two checks for a hold. One is 2% and the other is 3%. So even if combined, that's why you are seeing such a low chance for the default hold to kick in. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."