Weird Event Idea For Khallisti Wharf (If It Ever Becomes Active)

Rudra

Okay, I know KW isn't active for contacts, mobs, and missions, but if it were to become so, I have a weird idea for an event for it: Giant monster.

What is so weird about that? It's not ye olde typical bag of HP for players to beat into oblivion. Here's how it works:

Pick a faction. I was thinking Coralax, but they cap out well below level 50. So I was thinking maybe Nictus instead then. Said faction launches an assault on Khallisti Wharf with the aid of a giant monster (created that is appropriate for the faction). I was thinking maybe the awakened Leviathan, but it doesn't awaken, it would be entirely too big since it is basically Sharkhead Isle, and the Coralax that would be needed for the rest of this don't get high enough in level.

So now you have this giant monster attacking from the ocean. Ahead of the giant monster are waves upon waves of faction mobs assaulting almost the entire coastline of the zone. Leading some of these assaults are trigger AVs, though they could also just be EBs or bosses, or even upgraded to monsters instead if needed to be stronger. Until all of the trigger AVs are defeated, the giant monster cannot be harmed. Say the giant monster is shielded by magic (or a force field depending on the faction) that is sustained by the trigger AVs. Once the trigger AVs are all down, the players have a set window where they can attack the giant monster until new trigger AVs make it to Khallisti Wharf and renew the giant monster's defense. Like with Lord Winter (Winter Lord?) and his Guardian, except backwards.

Easy enough? This is where it gets weird, overly complicated, or both. Now, all the while the players are hunting down trigger AVs or attacking the giant monster, waves upon waves of faction mobs are still attacking Khallisti Wharf. They would be opposed in part by both PPD and Longbow, who would also be spawning waves of defenders. Either those defenders could function like the Longbow and Arachnos forces in the Galaxy City tutorial, or even better, they could have forces that function like in the tutorial and have established defense points. Those points would be under assault by the picked attacking faction, just not any of the trigger AVs or this would be too simple. If any of those points fall, that's it. They're gone. If any of those points are saved by the players, they're good. No more faction assaults on those points until the next wave of trigger AVs is spawned. If you lose all the established defense points, event is partially failed, even when the giant monster is defeated. Because the surviving mobs go to ground in Khallisti Wharf and Longbow and the PPD are stuck trying to ferret them out. If the giant monster is driven out and any of the established defense points survived, event ends, attacking mobs retreat, players win. And yes, unlike other giant monsters that die when you defeat them, this one retreats when its HP hits 0. Why? Partially because I like how Sally just retreats when her health hits 0 (every time she is hit), I think it would be a nice change of pace, and it gives an opening for an arc, TF, or trial to find where the giant monster is and actually defeat it there.

So! I know this was a lot to read and is an overly complicated event that depends on an existing but inactive zone to become active, but what do the rest of you think?

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add missing "be" and "to", and correct mispelled "Longbow".
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have a giant Black Dwarf attack KW kaiju-style, with waves of Longbow Chasers and Arachnos flyers working in tandem to deliver strafing runs against it.  You and your team can fight it directly - perhaps turn the bridges into destructable objects during this event and you have to protect them or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the idea of a giant Black Dwarf. It makes coming up with a suitable giant monster so much easier if you already ahve a working model you can just up-size instead of create from scratch. Not so much a fan of the bridges though. Pretty sure that requires a new map with the destructible objects available and changing maps while players are already on it doesn't seem feasible to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I like the idea of a giant Black Dwarf. It makes coming up with a suitable giant monster so much easier if you already ahve a working model you can just up-size instead of create from scratch. Not so much a fan of the bridges though. Pretty sure that requires a new map with the destructible objects available and changing maps while players are already on it doesn't seem feasible to me.

Maybe just put some destructible cars and trucks from a mayhem on them and have a bonus for preventing them from being destroyed...

Stay tuned. You might see something happen with it in the future.

I've been busy tearing down the statute of Statesman and replacing it with one of me instead. We're also opening up the Kallisti Brewery where we have a rotation of 90 beers on tap, including 12 of our own including our new Super Powdered Milk Stout floated on ice cream for the warm days away from the random gang violence in the streets.

6 hours ago, biostem said:

Maybe just put some destructible cars and trucks from a mayhem on them and have a bonus for preventing them from being destroyed...

With the waves of PPD and Longbow defenders in the OP, they could be PPD cars and SWAT vans. Throw in some destructible Longbow helicopters that are ferrying in supplies and fresh troops to the command points (spawned established defense points) as long as they are not overrun, and you have a wonderful variety of squishy targets for the players to manicly defend.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is great! but make Giant monsters attracted to the Warf because of an unfertilized Hamidon egg that will increase their power so it has constant (1 every hour or something) various giant monster attacks and if you hunt them all you get a badge or accolade or whatever also if the hunt for the GM fails it waits for the next spawn and then the 2 giant monsters fight kaiju style because there can be only one! But wait there's more! the player who gets the last hit on the GM absorbs the egg and becomes a GM (giant version of themself) and they fight all the remaining heroes/villians in the zone. I'm thinking i should not have had that 3rd expresso.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?