Is there a way to make a hysterical crowd?

d4verman

I think I know the answer is gonna be "nope", but is there a way to simulate the "scared crowd running in terror" thing you see in some missions? 

Yeah, I know they can be annoying (they get in the way sometimes) but it does populate a building, so it doesn't feel as empty. 

There is not, sorry. The best thing you can do is have patrols, and have them say dialogue like they’re scared, but they won’t be running.

Maybe friendly bosses and groups that trembles in fear?

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

There is not an easy way but it is doable you would create a mob and place them  when they activate you can set to run. I did it with a statue that came to life and gave a message  then fled yelling beware beware but I'm not sure how many you can have I'll check and edit  this post.

I created the basic idea mob using citizens1-54  I selected ally no powers attacks etc Run away stance  yelling ahhh in text. 

So yes you can do it but it will take time Have fun with it.

Edited by American Valor
update info

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

It would have to be some kind of rescue with friendlies guarding the principle target. I’ve never seen a way to make an entire mob run off.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

3 hours ago, American Valor said:

I created the basic idea mob using citizens1-54  I selected ally no powers attacks etc Run away stance  yelling ahhh in text.

Please elaborate more. Highly appreciated if you can add screenshots. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, huang3721 said:

Please elaborate more. Highly appreciated if you can add screenshots. Thanks. 

Agreed. Each of these takes up an objective,and i‘m uncertain how a whole mob would run off.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:34 PM, American Valor said:

There is not an easy way but it is doable you would create a mob and place them  when they activate you can set to run. I did it with a statue that came to life and gave a message  then fled yelling beware beware but I'm not sure how many you can have I'll check and edit  this post.

So yes you can do it but it will take time Have fun with it.

That sounds cool, I'd love to see it. 

I feel like there is an occasional map with people on it who run when they encounter baddies. OK, one map?

The Skyway Tram map has citizens on it and they flee when they encounter your bad guys. Mostly they stroll around despite the obvious dangers of doing that pretty much anywhere in Paragon City.

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

It also got me thinking about other ways to accomplish this and I came up with rushing players at the door...

The Rush

1. Set a map to empty so no mobs will spawn automatically.
  2. Populate the map with bosses also set to empty AND set the bosses to flee for the door when they have no mobs.

Alignment choices

1. Now if they are set as allies, they could look like people fleeing hysterically.  
  2. But if they are enemies? Well that seems pretty unkind...  
Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc