missing a character

SolEmberz

Or have multiple accounts?

I keep track of my characters via an Excel spreadsheet, as having three accounts with a multitude of characters can get a little difficult remembering which account each character is on when I want to play that character.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

I think one way of rectifying this is to find a text file in your CoH directory called "playerslots.txt" and delete it.

Otherwise, maybe the character is on another shard, or you deleted it and forgot?

I didn't delete it it was was on everlasting 

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Or have multiple accounts?

I keep track of my characters via an Excel spreadsheet, as having three accounts with a multitude of characters can get a little difficult remembering which account each character is on when I want to play that character.

Do you have Ever, Torch, Indom and Reunion spreadsheets, as well?

Sorry, low hanging fruit there =)

• Haha 1

Delete or rename your playerslot.txt file as mentioned above and then launch the game.  The game checks for that file first to display your characters and any errors can cause existing characters to not show up or be hundreds of slots away in the wrong position.  Without that file the game checks the server for all existing characters and makes a new playerslot.txt file.

So if somehow the character was gone,  the team may or may not be able to help.  But if the character is still there then they will tell you to delete the playerslot.txt file to fix it.  So you can speed up things for yourself and verify if the team needs to be involved by doing what they will ask of you ahead of time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I keep track of my characters via an Excel spreadsheet, […]

A spreadsheet?!? Oh man, this makes me jealous. *cracks knuckles to begin tickling some Excel*

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.