Size manipulation

A melee secondary power set with a gimmick, powers scale up or down the size of your character depending on which ones you’re running. Make some toggles mutually exclusive.

I’m happy to flesh this idea out more/write up descriptions and whatever if this is something people express interest in, but for example: a T9 that unlocks two mutually exclusive toggles-

Supersize- doubles character current height, adds to max HP, +res all, +dmg, -def, -spd 

Minuscule - reduces character height by 4x, +def all, -res, +recharge.

• Like 1

I’m sure I could, do some comic booky size shifting molecular density mumbo jumbo to explain s/l resist toggles, a dull pain esque power called shrinking wounds… I’m coming up with this on the fly but with actual incentive to work on it, I’m positive I could come up with actual power descriptions. 

pool power option works really well too though. You could split super size and minuscule and already have half the power pool done.

Only slightly more thought about, just the res/def mechanics. Not the names etc.

Edited by Xiddo

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Love this idea, but I think you'd have to change most of the in-door geometry to get this to work.  Imagine being Giant Man inside a blue cave map or one of the really restrictive office maps.  Not to mention like every Council map ever.  It be nice but I think the amount of extra work is probably too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

Love this idea, but I think you'd have to change most of the in-door geometry to get this to work.  Imagine being Giant Man inside a blue cave map or one of the really restrictive office maps.  Not to mention like every Council map ever.  It be nice but I think the amount of extra work is probably too much.

First thing I thought of.  I'd love to have a Giant Man/Longshadow-type character, but those passage ways are rough for ordinary scales.  There's a reason the giants are opponents only, and only found in tall spaces. (That said, I still want a day where we time travel to Dec 7, 1941 and get to see Atlas fighting on the bridge.)

Besides, (and I realize I'm both reaching far into the distant past and also not skilled in game design) didn't the original developers run into significant problems with the hit box when dealing with giants?  I think it was in connection to Rularuu, but that's been more than 15 years past.  They may have completely solved it.

I’ve seen the Devs change the size of toons to around 20’ tall in game. It was an outside instance and a lot of fun to experience. 

To put a limitation on a temp power that it can only be used outside in specific zones would still be really cool. Just make it a pop up toggle that appears is specific circumstances. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:00 PM, gameboy1234 said:

I don't think this is the case at all. Other servers have huge characters up to around 13' and there's no problem- the character simply clips through the top of any doorways that are too low.

8 minutes ago, Ebo said:

there's no problem- the character simply clips through the top of any doorways that are too low.

There's no problem except this huge problem... 🧐

Characters clipping through walls and doors is the exact kind of jank I'd hate to see come to Homecoming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please, let's not pretend that minor clipping is either a huge problem or something new to Homecoming.

Instances of clipping have been in the game since live, and we're not talking about characters phasing through walls in this instance, either. A character being helpless to pass through a doorway that's 3" too low is far more immersion-breaking than clipping through those 3" for a split second as you move through.

PS: If this qualifies as too jank, I strongly caution you to stay away from base building or advanced costume design.

Edited by Ebo

5 hours ago, Taxes said:

There's no problem except this huge problem... 🧐

Characters clipping through walls and doors is the exact kind of jank I'd hate to see come to Homecoming.

It should probably be pointed out that characters already clip through doors. Make a tall character. Give said character wings. Watch the wings clip through every standard door in the game.

(Personally I just view it as a character from some anime I saw. She was too big to pass through doors, so she bent over to get through them. Sometimes unsuccessfully, smashing the lintel and part of the wall. Without even noticing she had done so until others pointed it out. Humorous to me at least. My character forgot to stoop to enter and smashed part of the building. "Whoops! My bad!" Though a stoop to enter animation for particularly tall characters would be nice.)

• Like 1