Whats a good Dominator for a lazy player?

Damoklese

So.. I love controllers.  As such, ive never really played a dominator.  I attempted a few times, but always ended up missing my support sets.

Well im thinking I need to try again, but this time Id like to try and play a dominator that isnt quite so......"busy"

Basically I want to cut down on button bloat, and streamline him as much as possible.

Any of you experienced dominators have any suggestions?  I am leaning towards Plant or Ice or Electric, but im open to suggestions.   I saw one thread below that had an interesting build for Ice/Savage.. which was intriguing, but im not sure I want to play savage as my secondary.   I like a more ranged approach.

Sounds like you should go plant, as ice and electric have melee auras that are pretty central to the play style. Plant would be my knee jerk answer anyway, as between seeds of confusion and carrion creepers you really only have to finish off a few mobs.

• 2 weeks later

I have a Earth/Fire that I really love! With earth you only really need Stalagmites, either gasses or earthquake and the AOE immob then you can just burn everything down from range. With fire epic you'd have Firebreath, Combustion and Fireball for major AOE damage and plenty of heavy hitting single target attacks as well.

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

On 4/28/2023 at 11:18 PM, Damoklese said:

So.. I love controllers.  As such, ive never really played a dominator.  I attempted a few times, but always ended up missing my support sets.

Well im thinking I need to try again, but this time Id like to try and play a dominator that isnt quite so......"busy"

Basically I want to cut down on button bloat, and streamline him as much as possible.

Any of you experienced dominators have any suggestions?  I am leaning towards Plant or Ice or Electric, but im open to suggestions.   I saw one thread below that had an interesting build for Ice/Savage.. which was intriguing, but im not sure I want to play savage as my secondary.   I like a more ranged approach.

Plant/Mind.

You can basically get by just using Seeds of Confusion, Mind Probe, Subudue, Psionic Lance, and Psychic Shockwave. Plus Drain Psyche to become immortal.

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

I'd give consideration to either Elec/Psi - it makes a great sapper and although you might be standing in melee nothing will have endurance to really attack much and you'll have a lot of ranged tools as well.

Alternatively:

Plant and Dark control work great as a primary sets that do well at range.

Secondaries to consider would include psi (although that does lean into melee with it's sustain and psi shockwave), otherwise Firey and thorns for more ranged friendly sets.