The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Propel revert request

I have personally never had an issue with this, however, I have seen many players complain about the clutter of what Propel does. The only reason I am speaking up for them, is because I preferred back in the day when Propel's objects exploded upon impact and made a loud BOOM! The ability felt so much more powerful in those days. Today, it visually looks like those objects are made of rubber and just bounce off the targets they hit, and there is no boom.

I would like to see the animation reverted...or even better (because I know there are going to be people out there who likes it as it stands now) make it an option in the power customization list.

Or at least have the objects fade after 30 sec.  I'd be happy with that.  I love propel...one of my most favorite powers because of the many objects animated to be hurled, but it leaves a huge mess, and you have to leave the map before the objects leave...

I love the clutter right after the battle, but not so much 5 min later...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Yeah, I'd say let's just make full power customization for this, including the ability to choose from "classes" of objects.

You want your character to only propel dumpsters? You got it. Gnomes? Whatever!

I'm out.

I have personally never had an issue with this, however, I have seen many players complain about the clutter of what Propel does. The only reason I am speaking up for them, is because I preferred back in the day when Propel's objects exploded upon impact and made a loud BOOM! The ability felt so much more powerful in those days. Today, it visually looks like those objects are made of rubber and just bounce off the targets they hit, and there is no boom.

I would like to see the animation reverted...or even better (because I know there are going to be people out there who likes it as it stands now) make it an option in the power customization list.

To be clear, you're talking about the "object FX" rather than avatar animation when the power is cast.

I'm thinking it ought to be relatively simple to "explode" the objects flung upon contact with the $Target.

As is, objects that are summoned/thrown by Propel are essentially "weight 1" objects (which allows them to be moved around like styrofoam) that persist.  Simply putting a duration on how long the items persist would be an improvement.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Yeah, I'd say let's just make full power customization for this, including the ability to choose from "classes" of objects.

I'd also be happy if all the players saw the same object being thrown.  “Was that dumpster?”  “No man, it was a gargoyle.”  “Well on my screen it was a jukebox”

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I'd also be happy if all the players saw the same object being thrown.  “Was that dumpster?”  “No man, it was a gargoyle.”  “Well on my screen it was a jukebox”

LOL, I myself have had this conversation, lol.