Weapon models as Back Detail(s)?

First, I wanted to thank you because a while ago I requested to have AR and Arachnos Soldier rifle models proliferated between Blasters/Corruptors/Defenders/Sentinels/Arachnos Soldiers, and you did it! My ASes and AR-wielding toons look 28% more awesome now, so again, thank you!

I'd like to ask if you'd consider making weapon models Back Details for all characters. I'm hoping that since weapon-wielding toons can already display their respective weapons on their back that this won't be a big ask or difficult to do. If that interferes with the Sheather/Holstered weapons, maybe they could be mirrored so that they're over the other shoulder. Please, and thank you again!

1 hour ago, SpartacusCole said:

First, I wanted to thank you because a while ago I requested to have AR and Arachnos Soldier rifle models proliferated between Blasters/Corruptors/Defenders/Sentinels/Arachnos Soldiers, and you did it! My ASes and AR-wielding toons look 28% more awesome now, so again, thank you!

I'd like to ask if you'd consider making weapon models Back Details for all characters. I'm hoping that since weapon-wielding toons can already display their respective weapons on their back that this won't be a big ask or difficult to do. If that interferes with the Sheather/Holstered weapons, maybe they could be mirrored so that they're over the other shoulder. Please, and thank you again!

I'd be in favor of this.  I've seen a number of people play the same character over separate listings with similar names to stay as close to the main one as possible, to show characters as having more than one specialty.  I've got one of them myself.  Would be nice if my ninja stalker could keep the weapon from the stalker build at least displayed on the mastermind build... and/or keep the mastermind's bow displayed on the stalker's build.

• Like 1

This will be a bit of an ask, but with the OP's back weapons other than stowed weapons request in mind, would it also be possible to have an extra belt item that did the same thing as the back weapons? Specifically, I'm asking for a variety of knives and daggers that are stowed behind the character, but at belt level. I'd be perfectly fine if it was a back weapon item that took up the same slot, but was placed on the belt. Probably horizontally. Or some belts with stowed knives/daggers?

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 8:06 PM, Player2 said:

I'd be in favor of this.  I've seen a number of people play the same character over separate listings with similar names to stay as close to the main one as possible, to show characters as having more than one specialty.  I've got one of them myself.  Would be nice if my ninja stalker could keep the weapon from the stalker build at least displayed on the mastermind build... and/or keep the mastermind's bow displayed on the stalker's build.

Imagine if switching builds could switch archetypes... or even just primary and secondary power sets! That's something I dare not hope for, let alone ask for.

2 minutes ago, SpartacusCole said:

Imagine if switching builds could switch archetypes... or even just primary and secondary power sets! That's something I dare not hope for, let alone ask for.

Because that is not possible with the game engine/design. The AT, origin, and power sets are very much locked when you make your character. This subject has come up before.

21 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

can we get the scorpion tail that crey have?

This would be nice. So would a modified version that looked like a regular giant scorpion tail. And pincers to match. I'm dreaming here, I know, but monstrous characters can be lots of fun.

• Like 1

Nope. That is part of the reason why I know I am dreaming. They would have to be designed, modeled, and animated from scratch. That would include making them able to grip weapons too. So it's not going to happen.

(Edit: Not to mention finding a way for them to use weapons not suitable for pincers like rifles and pistols.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

isnt there a 5th column robot with like a claw or something or was that some kinda fever dream?

You're thinking of the Zenith Mech Men and Zenith Warcries of the Council and the Mek Men and Wolfpacks of the 5th Column. I suppose those could be used as a base for pincers, but they would still need to be (heavily) modified and new animations made for the various powers players get access to.

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You're thinking of the Zenith Mech Men and Zenith Warcries of the Council and the Mek Men and Wolfpacks of the 5th Column. I suppose those could be used as a base for pincers, but they would still need to be (heavily) modified and new animations made for the various powers players get access to.

i would take it even unmodified lol 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

Nope. That is part of the reason why I know I am dreaming. They would have to be designed, modeled, and animated from scratch. That would include making them able to grip weapons too. So it's not going to happen.

(Edit: Not to mention finding a way for them to use weapons not suitable for pincers like rifles and pistols.)

Would it be possible to create an invisible/transparent weapon that only shows up as a costume option if, say, "Pincers" are selected for Upper Body -> Gloves?

32 minutes ago, SpartacusCole said:

Would it be possible to create an invisible/transparent weapon that only shows up as a costume option if, say, "Pincers" are selected for Upper Body -> Gloves?

*shrug* No idea.