Chance to Hide Proc Rate

GrumpyMonk

Hi all, I'm leveling an Ice/NRG stalker right now, just dinged lvl 28. 

I six-slotted my Assassin's Sword power with the Stalker's Guile set.  Problem is, I find the recharge in the set tends to drop the proc % to fire. 

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, do you accept the drop or do you change your slotting strategy?

Does slotting recharge matter for the Guile proc? The superior version has a 5ppm rate. I use a 12 second long attack chain, with AS being used every 6ish secs (60 secs/5ppm = 12 secs). Seems like every second AS triggers the proc 100% of the time. 

I remember testing a 10 sec long attack chain and the proc rate was more random, less reliable.

Here's my StJ pylon run. Have it set up so that Guile procs just before Crushing Uppercut, every 12 secs, and it crits every time. AS has +78.55% recharge slotted in it.

The normal Guile version has a 4ppm, guess it should trigger the initial activation and every 15 seconds after.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, I found an old thread that identified a blackout for the proc of 11 seconds,  I don't think that should be the case, unless  the devs have clarified something lately. 

The PPM should only look at your slotted recharge, not your global recharge.  I could be wrong, though, I'm not an expert on this stuff. 

On 5/1/2023 at 2:16 AM, GrumpyMonk said:

The PPM should only look at your slotted recharge, not your global recharge.

This is correct in the current iteration. Global recharge is ignored in PPM rates.

• Thanks 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

I've been observing a confluence of procs that is simultaneously amusing and annoying.

"Chance to Hide" procs at or near the same time the "Quick AS" procs, which counteracts the "quick" proc and forces me into the full-length AS animation.

"Chance to Hide" constantly triggering immediately after I get hit with a flamethrower, and the DoT knocks me right back out of Hide.

Combine the two (Chance to Hide procs simultaneously with Quick AS and getting hit with a DoT) and now you get an AS that never goes off at all. Chance to Hide negates the Quick AS, and the DoT interrupts the full-length attack.