Pain Domination

kelika2

Nullify Pain, for each % you heal, you gain some damage (.5%, .75%def).  caps at 50% and lasts 30 seconds.  Stacks with Soothe, but not beyond 50%, refreshes timer

Soothe, for each % you heal, you gain some damage.  (1%, 1.25%def).  caps at 50% and lasts 30 seconds.  Stacks with Nullify Pain, but not beyond 50%, refreshes timer

Share Pain, remove the -regen and -heal

Conduit of Pain, grants the user and target +tohit, +dmg, +recovery, +regen.  remove rez aspect and add an autogrant subpower that rezzes, unenhanceable.  Think Mystic Flight>Translocation.

Swap Enforced Morale with World of Pain. World of Pain is great as it is, but available at a lower level might make CoT/vahz missions easier to deal with.

Soothing Aura.  Wider Radius and minor unenhanceable End Recovery, just make it a flat 1 end a tick

Enforced Morale has a longer recharge, higher end cost and effects the team.  cap it at 8 or 16 targets. 

Anguishing Cry, make it autohit.  2min rech and 30s duration is bad enough

Painbringer, have it effect the user as well as the target.

Edited by kelika2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why do you want to change such a good set? Especially this much?

Nullify Pain does not currently inflict harm on the user, nor should it. You are nullifying pain, not absorbing it. (That is what Share Pain is for.)

Soothe, see Nullify Pain above.

Share Pain is all about taking your ally's pain on yourself. It's only 20 seconds of -regen and heal resist. And isn't it possible to at least drive your regen high enough to exceed the resist anyway? It's a flat -100%.

Conduit of Pain brings back a fallen ally, taking that pain, and channeling it through your attacks back at your enemeis. I personally like the way it works right now.

Painbringer, as much as I hate use on ally only powers, most make sense. Painbringer is one of them.

• Confused 1

Eesh. I can see some of these changes make me ... not bring my Pain Dom characters to MSRs any more. I can take enough quick damage without causing it to myself while trying to keep a league alive. (Also, don't forget MMs have this as well. Would healing their minions be continually damaging them?)

Also, can't agree with swapping two powers around for one enemy group. *Especially* with the recent level availability changes (which I still don't like, honestly, but done is done) meaning so much is available earlier. Besides, you're moving the power that lets you break someone free from holds to a later level when it'd be less useful, which doesn't make much sense when it's *currently* there to help deal with a much wider variety of groups in levels when people *don't* have anywhere near as much protection.

Pain Dom's in a good place, I'd hate to see it messed with, personally.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

35 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Maybe with Share Pain.  Or maybe I worked soothe/nullify wrong.  A damage buff?

As you currently have it set up, every time a MM heals their pets, which typically need a lot of healing, the MM can lose up to half their health with Nullify Pain and Soothe. How would that work anyway since in Bodyguard Mode, the pets take a share of the MM's damage? The MM goes to heal their pet(s) and ends up killing them them instead for being in Bodyguard Mode?

(Edit: I don't use Share Pain on my MMs. So I am seriously asking how this would work.)

Edited by Rudra

You people are misunderstanding the suggestion.

They want soothe and nullify to give the caster a +dmg% buff based on how much is healed. Neither the caster nor the target takes damage. 

I mean, come on now. Do you think someone who wants autohit -res powers and thunderspy-style “all ally buffs must work on me too” munchkinism would suggest giving their powers any kind of downside?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, to be fair, the OP does say "you gain some damage". It doesn't say damage buff. (Edit: Reading it that way though? Yeah, hell no to the OP. Pain Dom is already plenty powerful as is.)

Edit again: Though looking it over again, the defense flags in both powers really should have been a dead giveaway.... So the OP is to make the the T1 and T2 powers from Pain Domination grant the user a stackable up to 50% damage and defense bonus for 30 seconds every time the character uses the 4 second base recharge and 8 second base recharge heals. On top of the other proposed self-buff effects for Conduit of Pain and Painbringer. Yeah, I'm definitely opposed to the OP now.

Edited by Rudra

5 hours ago, Zect said:

I mean, come on now. Do you think someone who wants autohit -res powers and thunderspy-style “all ally buffs must work on me too” munchkinism would suggest giving their powers any kind of downside?

Heh, fair.

But it really does read to me (still) as "damage self."

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Heh, fair.

But it really does read to me (still) as "damage self."

Probably because of the "you gain some damage" since it doesn't actually say "damage buff". Gaining damage easily reads as suffering harm. At least to me.