Experimental Night Tank Variant - pre incarnate PUG tank

I run a lot of sub level 44 PUGs and have noticed that there is a lack of aggro control recently. I mean tanks/brutes that don't have taunt or don't use it. Don't seem interested in getting mobs grouped up and protecting teammates.

The obvious solution is to play a tank, but I don't really enjoy playing a tank/brute. I have this maxed out Night Tank build, but it doesn't really work at sub-incarnate levels.

So, I have created a variant for sub 44 PUGs. Ran it through some task forces at +1/2.

Posi 1 at +1, total fail. 🙂 That damn ranged toxic Vahzilok spit is just devastating at low levels. Basically, w/o Mink Link the build is too squishy against any exotic damage type. Possible with support, but needs resists.

Synapse +1, just fine, Mind Link is available.

Yin +2, also good

Sutter +2, first mission, no problems. +1 Fusion and Jane fight, mixed. I got two shot by Fusion, which was a little bad luck. I was holding my own and making progress until then.

TLDR: Works at 20+, needs serious resist or healing below 20.

Any suggestions for how I could shore up my resists? Remember no incarnates, posi 1 caps level at 15+5, posi 2 16+5.

Build:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

PUG Tank: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Presence
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), ShlWal-Def(21)
Level 6: Provoke -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(25), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(25), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(27), MckBrt-Rchg(29)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Dam%(33)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 12: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(36)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(39)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(43)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 24: Mind Link -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), AdjTrg-Rchg(48)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 32: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 35: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 38: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(50), Ags-ResDam(50), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11), Prv-Absorb%(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), PrfShf-End%(15), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
------------
------------

• Like 1

Been working on Night Widow for a few days now. I like how you're baking in resist. I've gone that route on Fort but will have to give your creation a try. I don't see how you'd really fill the toxic hole early on. I did want to mention in case it wasn't intentional you're not using Unbreakable Guard +HP (I know you know of it so if it was ignore me).

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

16 minutes ago, Harakh said:

Been working on Night Widow for a few days now. I like how you're baking in resist. I've gone that route on Fort but will have to give your creation a try. I don't see how you'd really fill the toxic hole early on. I did want to mention in case it wasn't intentional you're not using Unbreakable Guard +HP (I know you know of it so if it was ignore me).

I added it, but it was only 80 extra hp at 50. So, I tried using that slot in another place to get more resists.

48 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I added it, but it was only 80 extra hp at 50. So, I tried using that slot in another place to get more resists.

Yah, 80 at its max isn't impressive. Just to compare though. You've got a fourth slot in tough giving you an extra 3% s/l. While I love tough for s/l, that last 3% isn't adding much, and exempt not till level 33. VS using that fourth slot for the +HP which which can be available at level 17 and is a buffer against all damage types. Its going to be a small amount of HP, but whats 3% of the s/l damage coming in ~lv33? Honestly I couldn't say if that last 3% s/l or +HP would win out, but in terms of sooner availability and the fact you're running that set in tough I'd use the HP or find some where else all together for that 4th slot.

*Meant to mention the 3rd slot in indomitable will - its adding the tiniest bit of psi resist and a small end reduction, I don't think either of those smaller amounts missing would make for much notice.

Edited by Harakh
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

Where did I put that broken record?

I like seeing how to have a Widow act as a tank... I have done a similar thing with one of my (pre page 5 revamp) builds, albeit with far less emphasis on resists. Mt TLDR answer is to leverage Scaling Damage Resistance and a fast-cycling Unrelenting to back up the naturally very good (positional) Defenses. I admit: I think that Provoke is a terrible choice for trying to grab (mass) aggro. When I use it it is typically under one of the following circumstances:

• Low level PUGs, where nobody has a Taunt (and often they simply hope their aura will draw attention)
  • Higher level PUGs, where a squishy is getting ganged up on (usually because of a mass debuff) and they require help

Now... at low levels, it is hard for a Widow to have much in the way of resists, but can have AoE control/attacks. It is easier with a Fortunata, but with the Night Widow I think the hard choice would be to use the cone (Dart Burst) to hit the spawns, leveraging the %Fear proc and lean hard into the Presence pool to also have the AoE Invoke Panic. available for Posi 1/2 I don't think even I would dedicate the power choices to take Unrelenting so soon... I understand the love of Spin, but if trying to "tank" sometimes you want the attention of somebody a little farther out.

I also feel like I should suggest adding specific resist buffs from a SG Base.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 6/3/2023 at 7:03 PM, Maris said:

Interesting build, I wonder if I could reverse-engineer it and apply it to my cursed melee crab-brute build at all...

I really don't play crabs, but here is a Bane build that might give you ideas. It is very difficult to make a melee crab/bane as tanky as a Night Tank. Due to zero DDR and no scaling resists. Base resists are better though and more hp.

Spoiler

Huntsbane: Level 50 Magic Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Bane Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Bane Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(7), GldArm-End/Res(9), GldArm-RechRes(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), StdPrt-ResKB(11)
Level 2: Burst -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(13), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Dcm-Build%(17)
Level 4: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 6: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Heavy Burst -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(25), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 14: Wolf Spider Armor -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), ImpArm-ResDam(34), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34), Ags-Psi/Status(36)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(36), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(36), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Cloaking Device -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 28: Surveillance -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Call Reinforcements -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(42), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SlbAll-Build%(43)
Level 32: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(46), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(21), PrfShf-End%(21)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
------------
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 6:21 PM, KaizenSoze said:

I really don't play crabs, but here is a Bane build that might give you ideas. It is very difficult to make a melee crab/bane as tanky as a Night Tank. Due to zero DDR and no scaling resists. Base resists are better though and more hp.

Reveal hidden contents

Huntsbane: Level 50 Magic Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Bane Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Bane Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(7), GldArm-End/Res(9), GldArm-RechRes(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), StdPrt-ResKB(11)
Level 2: Burst -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(13), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Dcm-Build%(17)
Level 4: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 6: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Heavy Burst -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(25), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 14: Wolf Spider Armor -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), ImpArm-ResDam(34), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34), Ags-Psi/Status(36)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(36), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(36), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Cloaking Device -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 28: Surveillance -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Call Reinforcements -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(42), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SlbAll-Build%(43)
Level 32: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(46), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(21), PrfShf-End%(21)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
------------
------------

Not really something I could reverse engineer into my Crab BUT

You have given me a new build for a long-neglected Huntsman!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 5/11/2023 at 10:07 PM, KaizenSoze said:

I run a lot of sub level 44 PUGs and have noticed that there is a lack of aggro control recently. I mean tanks/brutes that don't have taunt or don't use it. Don't seem interested in getting mobs grouped up and protecting teammates.

The obvious solution is to play a tank, but I don't really enjoy playing a tank/brute. I have this maxed out Night Tank build, but it doesn't really work at sub-incarnate levels.

So, I have created a variant for sub 44 PUGs. Ran it through some task forces at +1/2.

Posi 1 at +1, total fail. 🙂 That damn ranged toxic Vahzilok spit is just devastating at low levels. Basically, w/o Mink Link the build is too squishy against any exotic damage type. Possible with support, but needs resists.

Synapse +1, just fine, Mind Link is available.

Yin +2, also good

Sutter +2, first mission, no problems. +1 Fusion and Jane fight, mixed. I got two shot by Fusion, which was a little bad luck. I was holding my own and making progress until then.

TLDR: Works at 20+, needs serious resist or healing below 20.

Any suggestions for how I could shore up my resists? Remember no incarnates, posi 1 caps level at 15+5, posi 2 16+5.

Build:

Reveal hidden contents

PUG Tank: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Presence

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), ShlWal-Def(21)
Level 6: Provoke -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(25), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(25), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(27), MckBrt-Rchg(29)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Dam%(33)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 12: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(36)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(39)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(43)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 24: Mind Link -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), AdjTrg-Rchg(48)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 32: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 35: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 38: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(50), Ags-ResDam(50), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11), Prv-Absorb%(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), PrfShf-End%(15), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
------------
------------

I'm a bit late to responding to this but there are a few things to consider:

1.  After last fall, aggro mechanics got changed and people still arent up to speed with how much that effects play.  Essentially a tank, even with taking taunt or a brute isn't going to hold all the aggro and certainly not prevent people from drawing aggro from them.  Once a tank/brute hits their cap, anything and everyone else is fair game because mobs no longer just stand there looking dumbfounded as they used to. 

2. Tanks especially as you know get more aoe taunting in attack they do not to mention of course their auras.  

3. Taking taunt in the early levels when people so gungho'ly aggro something is not always enough to pull them off others either. 

4. Toxic is a hole on widows.  There's not much you can do about that to various extents but see the build I'll show below.

5. Since widows are essentially defense stalkers if nightwidows are chosen, anything that strips/cascades defense after a bit it going to take you down if hit.  

Your build is ok.  Here is another build you may wish to consider that has much higher defenses, more damage, more recharge, a lil more regen etc. Its a build based on insights from  voltak's fortuna range build that actually with some tweaks get more out of it on nighwidow's variation.  If you wish to get provoke, just switch out placate from the build and just slot +5 an acc/rech  taunt set enhancer or a +3 D-Synch Provocation.

Arachnos high def Widow.mbd

Edited by Sanguinesun

On 6/21/2023 at 2:30 AM, Sanguinesun said:

I'm a bit late to responding to this but there are a few things to consider:

1.  After last fall, aggro mechanics got changed and people still arent up to speed with how much that effects play.  Essentially a tank, even with taking taunt or a brute isn't going to hold all the aggro and certainly not prevent people from drawing aggro from them.  Once a tank/brute hits their cap, anything and everyone else is fair game because mobs no longer just stand there looking dumbfounded as they used to. 

2. Tanks especially as you know get more aoe taunting in attack they do not to mention of course their auras.  

3. Taking taunt in the early levels when people so gungho'ly aggro something is not always enough to pull them off others either. 

4. Toxic is a hole on widows.  There's not much you can do about that to various extents but see the build I'll show below.

5. Since widows are essentially defense stalkers if nightwidows are chosen, anything that strips/cascades defense after a bit it going to take you down if hit.  

Your build is ok.  Here is another build you may wish to consider that has much higher defenses, more damage, more recharge, a lil more regen etc. Its a build based on insights from  voltak's fortuna range build that actually with some tweaks get more out of it on nighwidow's variation.  If you wish to get provoke, just switch out placate from the build and just slot +5 an acc/rech  taunt set enhancer or a +3 D-Synch Provocation.

1. I am well aware of the aggro changes. Not having any form of taunt as a Night Widow means you have zero chance to peel some of aggro off your teammates. For instance, like an incoming ambush while engaged with another spawn. Also, having smoke grenade gives the ability to keep another close by spawn from taking shots at my team mates. Due to the new aggro changes.

4. Night Widows have a resist issue for energy/neg also. Fire/cold is at least a little easier to deal with due to Winter sets, but it's still an issue. Incarnates help a lot, but that is not available here.

5. I picked Night Widows over Forts for this experiment, because perma Mind Link is possible at low levels for NWs. DDR is always an issue for Widows, but this is a team build, so there should be some support. NWs are a bit better holding aggro than you would expect due to the debuffs and dots on top of the damage. Throw in taunt and you have a decent amount of aggro control.

I think your build is just ok also. You have no taunt, no way to limit other spawn aggro, too much defense give that this is a team build. And your taking 10-13% more damage due to lower resists.