Mac Launcher Issues Upon Playing Again

Quindorrian

So, I took about 4-6 months off from the game and am trying to come back.  As a Mac user, I never had problems before, but now I am running into problems.  So, when I try to launch the game, it does not launch.  I found if I go into my coh folder and run "HC Launcher.lnk" manually, the game will launch just fine, but it runs slowly.  My question is what do I do?  What happened to the regular launcher and how do I fix my performance issues?  Thanks for any and all help!

It would help others to know some basics about the Mac. You could also consider reinstalling the app as I hear that the launcher does some self-repair, but I'll wait for a GM to chime in for the accuracy of that information.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

4 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

It would help others to know some basics about the Mac. You could also consider reinstalling the app as I hear that the launcher does some self-repair, but I'll wait for a GM to chime in for the accuracy of that information.

Tried reinstalling.  Does not help.  Also, this is a modern M1 Mac with 16Gb of RAM.  Hope this helps.  Thanks for any and all help.

What I normally did when doing all the guides (I don't Actually play on Mac) was to rename the installation folder, delete the launch apps from the Apps folder, and do a new install. That way I can just drag/drop anything that doesn't make it to the new install.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)