Mids appears to be broken

I don't have discord or github, so I'm posting here.

I downloaded what I thought was the most current version of Mids, from the website https://midsreborn.com/

I uninstalled the older version I had, and deleted everything from the destination folder, then installed the new version to that folder.

I ran the program, and went to start a new build for my Mercs/Radiation Mastermind.  However, I found that several power sets were completely missing, including the Radiation secondary and Experimentation pool.  I tried to update from the dropdown Help menu, but it produced an "Unhandled Exception" error.  It says it's Mids Reborn v3.5.5.  It did let me continue, but the power sets were still missing.  So, I downloaded the zip file from the website, uninstalled the version I'd just installed, deleted the folder and unzipped the new version.  The zip file says it's v3.5.7.  However, when I ran it, it was exactly the same as before, and when the error occurred, it said it was v3.5.5.

So, I'm baffled.  Am I downloading the wrong thing?  How do I fix this?

1 hour ago, Ultimo said:

I don't have discord or github, so I'm posting here.

I downloaded what I thought was the most current version of Mids, from the website https://midsreborn.com/

I uninstalled the older version I had, and deleted everything from the destination folder, then installed the new version to that folder.

I ran the program, and went to start a new build for my Mercs/Radiation Mastermind.  However, I found that several power sets were completely missing, including the Radiation secondary and Experimentation pool.  I tried to update from the dropdown Help menu, but it produced an "Unhandled Exception" error.  It says it's Mids Reborn v3.5.5.  It did let me continue, but the power sets were still missing.  So, I downloaded the zip file from the website, uninstalled the version I'd just installed, deleted the folder and unzipped the new version.  The zip file says it's v3.5.7.  However, when I ran it, it was exactly the same as before, and when the error occurred, it said it was v3.5.5.

So, I'm baffled.  Am I downloading the wrong thing?  How do I fix this?

When you installed it, did you select to use the Homecoming database? Rebirth's? Other?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

When you installed it, did you select to use the Homecoming database? Rebirth's? Other?

I'm... not sure.  I don't think it asked me to select anything.  Let me reinstall and see if I missed something.

EDIT

Aha!  I didn't notice there was a selection on the page where you choose the destination folder.  That solved the problem!  Well spotted, thanks!

Edited by Ultimo

Ok... another question now that I have it working.

The power pools as listed are only showing three of the powers.  Trying to scroll through them is awkward... and I don't remember needing to do that before.  Is this a change? Is there a way to alter the presentation of the powers so the pools can all be visible?

1 hour ago, Ultimo said:

Ok... another question now that I have it working.

The power pools as listed are only showing three of the powers.  Trying to scroll through them is awkward... and I don't remember needing to do that before.  Is this a change? Is there a way to alter the presentation of the powers so the pools can all be visible?

Yes there is a configuration tab where you can reduce font size, I have to do it on my laptop but not my desktop.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Ya, I tried reducing the font, but it became unreadable before it all became visible.  What's needed is a means to adjust the size of the "windows" the pools appear in.  Is there such a thing?

• 2 months later
11 hours ago, David in the Dark said:

My issue seems to be similar, but when I pull up the database dropdown, homecoming doesn't show up, just the default.  I can create builds (missing sentinel and some other things) but I can't open anybody's builds.

That's the problem I had, apparently I hadn't selected the correct database during installation.  You'll likely need to reinstall... that's what I did, anyway.