Day Job Icon not showing up on characters made 5/17

UltraAlt

I have a couple of new characters made on 5/17.

When they are near the area for a Day Job, the Day Job icon isn't showing up.

I really even had to fiddle with one of the two characters I made to get the message that they had found their first Day Job.

I went back and checked the most recent character I made before then - back on 4/26 - and I can see the Day Job Icon when they are near a Day job area. I even moved away from a Day Job area and back to make sure that the icon would return.

I'm unsure what would have changed between 5/17 and 4/26 that may have caused this issue.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

@lemming (sorry, should have quoted you. really tired and falling over ... posting on the way out)

So far standing near a base portal. Got the badge the icon never showed up that I was standing within range.

Moved to the hospital today and I don't see it there either.

Also the x2 XP isn't showing up nor the powers that you get at the end of the DFB. I can see both in my powers windows list, but they aren't showing up under the target window with my primary and secondary power (those show up).

I don't even think there is an option setting that I could have tweaked by accident.

I'm assuming if I can't see it on either of those two, that I'm not going to see it on any of the other ones.

I know where to stand to get pretty much all day job badges. 

And getting the one or for standing near a base portal, I was obviously in range in order to get the Dayjob Badge.

Honestly, I've never had an issue getting the Mortician Dayjob nor seeing the Dayjob icons before.

It's just on these two new characters.

Edited by UltraAlt

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 hours ago, 0th Power said:

show/hide auto powers option maybe?

6 hours ago, lemming said:

I was just thinking that.

So weird.

So yeah, that did it.

I found the option in Menu>Options>Windows>Status Window Display>Hide Auto Powers.

I know for sure that I didn't go in there and change and save it, so I have no idea why that changed unless it was something the DEVs added - like showing the (incredibly annoying) floating coin over the heads of contacts.

Oddly enough, just below "Hide Auto Powers" is "Blink Near Expiration". That was turned off. I know for sure I didn't turn that off either.

I had to fiddle with both of them to get them to save. They kept reverting back.

But now I'm wondering if there was a change that made Day Job powers considered to be auto-powers and they weren't considered to be auto powers before.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

So weird.

So yeah, that did it.

I found the option in Menu>Options>Windows>Status Window Display>Hide Auto Powers.

I know for sure that I didn't go in there and change and save it, so I have no idea why that changed unless it was something the DEVs added - like showing the (incredibly annoying) floating coin over the heads of contacts.

Oddly enough, just below "Hide Auto Powers" is "Blink Near Expiration". That was turned off. I know for sure I didn't turn that off either.

I had to fiddle with both of them to get them to save. They kept reverting back.

But now I'm wondering if there was a change that made Day Job powers considered to be auto-powers and they weren't considered to be auto powers before.

Someone else recently had a similar issue with all the buff icons suddenly not showing and it turned out it was turned off in the settings. Starting to wonder if there's a bug floating around somewhere. These settings aren't something one can change with an accidental keystroke.

25 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Someone else recently had a similar issue with all the buff icons suddenly not showing and it turned out it was turned off in the settings. Starting to wonder if there's a bug floating around somewhere. These settings aren't something one can change with an accidental keystroke.

The one in question could be accidentally done if you click the wrong area of the screen, so not out of the possibility.

That said, it's worth exploring since it seems to crop up more frequently lately

3 hours ago, lemming said:

The one in question could be accidentally done if you click the wrong area of the screen, so not out of the possibility.

It wouldn't just be one click. It would take a right mouse in areas of the screen where one wouldn't normally be making right mouse clicks ... and then a left mouse click in a specific location of the screen in a window. It seems highly unlikely that would occur.

However in my case, it happened to two new characters and not on existing ones.

I did resave my settings recently but that was because I needed to update the positions of trays, pet window, salvage window, AH window, email window, and email replay window, and tried yet again to save the keybind key for keymapping of "cancel power" (which never saves) - however, I didn't tweak any of the Windows settings.

I simply made sure all the trays and windows were where I wanted them to be (trays were already in position simply resized and moved the position of some windows), change the keybind for "cancel power" yet again (which turns off the "auto fire" power if you have one selected), and saved. I didn't change any of the Windows options, so I have no idea how it would have happened in my case.

Probably not happening in this case but thought I’d throw it up anyway. 

I have my HUD set up in such a way that if my buffs go to a second or third row sometimes my Map covers it. I’ve forgotten about this happening once or twice and wondered why I’m not getting the buffs I should be. 

Also, there was a known hole in the safe in Pocket D. If you are hugging the wrong wall you don’t get credit for the day job. Not sure if this has been fixed yet tho.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

1 hour ago, Arc-Mage said:

Also, there was a known hole in the safe in Pocket D. If you are hugging the wrong wall you don’t get credit for the day job. Not sure if this has been fixed yet tho.

That one is different in that you get the icon, but if you log off on the wrong side, you'll pop out in the door on the other side of the wall.  I suspect that's when the dayjob time is calculated.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Probably not happening in this case but thought I’d throw it up anyway. 

I have my HUD set up in such a way that if my buffs go to a second or third row sometimes my Map covers it. I’ve forgotten about this happening once or twice and wondered why I’m not getting the buffs I should be. 

Yeah, I don't have the area covered up where they would be displayed.

11 hours ago, lemming said:

That one is different in that you get the icon, but if you log off on the wrong side, you'll pop out in the door on the other side of the wall.  I suspect that's when the dayjob time is calculated.

I like going into the PD in Kings Row and standing next to the window looking into the interrogation room.

When you log back in you are locked into the interrogation room.

Fun times.

Also logging out near any door will make you exit through that door when you log back in.'

Seems the most fun in City Hall, but only really fun when other players see you do it and then try to get into the door you just exited.

• Haha 1